Best spot to fill res from?

iTonyy

I'm thinking of doing a build like this

zwzrpw.jpg

From what I can see, my only option is to fill it from the top rad and allow that to flow into the res.

However that only works if I can actually access the top fill port of the rad after it's been mounted into a case.

While it works, it isn't a very elegant solution and I'm also a bit concerned about potential spillage if I fill from up there.

Anyways,I want to get u guy's opinion and see if there's a better solution

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Does your reservoir have a multiport end?  Keep that end on top and use one of the additional ports.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Does your reservoir have a multiport end?  Keep that end on top and use one of the additional ports.

I was planning on using a t-virus which as 2 addition side ports on the bottom.

But that would look really awkward if I had tubing running from the top left all the way to bottom right

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Ok.  Just saw some images and I'd say the only way I can think of based on the way you want it is to install a t-line for filling which kind of defeats the point of having a res.  Which case is this in?

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB

Ok.  Just saw some images and I'd say the only way I can think of based on the way you want it is to install a t-line for filling which kind of defeats the point of having a res.  Which case is this in?

I haven't really picked out a case but I was just curious if there was an easier way that doesn't limit my case options.

Oh well thanks for the help anyways.

I haven't really picked out a case but I was just curious if there was an easier way that doesn't limit my case options.

Oh well thanks for the help anyways.

You really should pick out a case before planning out a loop.  Just keep in mind things for watercooling support when you do pick.

Current Rig

You should really fill from the top of the reservoir to prevent the pump from going dry while filling. Either put a T-Line fitting at the top or get a reservoir with multi ports on the top. Also make sure you get an aqualink pipe for the inlet at the top so you don't get trickling sounds when the reservoir fills.