How to get sound from DVI to HDMI

OpticFusion

I have a android mini PC  which only has 1 HDMI out put,1 USB port,1 micro USB port and 1 OTG port but the only problem is that my monitor only has DVI port. I know that HDMI to DVi will work but i won't get sound what shall i do .

Thanks ..  .

post-17767-0-23486300-1372014989.jpg

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

Hmm, good question. I will keep thinking of a way. I can only think of a splitter.

\

Get a Male DVI to Female HDMI and put a HDMI switch on it and hook it up to the monitor.

http://goo.gl/mSuXs

http://goo.gl/KQB51    

EDIT: didn't read the full question Sorry. I don't think you can just get audio from a HDMI cable as it's a digital signal and 3.5mm jack is analog you would need some type of powered spliter 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Why not just use the HDMI-HDMI-to DVI out for video and then use a 3.5mm audio cable? Would that not work?

EDIT: I just saw that picture now. I think you'd have to use an HDMI splitter or something else. :(

Why not just use the HDMI-HDMI-to DVI out for video and then use a 3.5mm audio cable? Would that not work?

EDIT: I just saw that picture now. I think you'd have to use an HDMI splitter or something else. :(

DVI has analog and digital so it would not work on a digital only cable.

Perhaps buying a new monitor would be the simplest solution. Also, were you to end up buying several splitters/converters etc until finding the correct one it could be cheaper too..

Are you not entertained!?

you could use this to split the audio from the video signal 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Analog-Converter-Digital-Extractor/dp/B008LOIKX6/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1372111997&sr=1-8&keywords=hdmi+to+3.5mm+jack

you would then use a hdmi to dvi adaptor to connect to your monitor

then connect a 3.5mm audio cable to the port on the adaptor and connect that to your monitor or to speakers

Can you use the hdmi for video and the the usb port for audio through a amplifier with usb in and the out that you need?

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I don't think he wan'ts to pay that much but nice link.