4k monitors & response time

Spev

Do 1440p/4k monitors have noticeable difference in response ms time compared to regular 1080p monitors? I understand that 4k monitors aren't gonna be in 144hz...I'm wondering comparing a 60hz 1080p monitor to a 60hz 4k monitor for gaming response time.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Check the response time and compare them. Normally anything 6ms and below won't be noticeable for the average person.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Check the response time and compare them. Normally anything 6ms and below won't be noticeable for the average person.

Response times don't mean all that much 

@Glenwing

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

60Hz = 60Hz = 60Hz AFAIK.

If your referring to the response time as in 1ms, 4ms, 8ms etc. 

Response time is one of the most useless monitor specs as there is no standard to how companies measure this, so they pretty much just measure it in the way that gives them the best (lowest) response time.

Of course, there are reviewers that measure the real response time, so you'd have to find a good review of the monitors you're considering and compare from there.

TFTcentral = good reviewer. Used them to read up on the Dell U2414H before buying.

@Spev

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I think you are confusing response time with input lag. Read the link in my sig. In either case though, no there is no difference on 4K or 1440p compared to 1080p.

I'm just a bit disappointed in the colors on my current monitor. I mean I plugged in my $230 console gaming BenQ monitor and it looked better than my $400+ dollar samsung 120hz monitor. Keep in mind tho I bought this like yeaaars ago, when 120hz what the new kid on the block, hence the price. I mostly play League of Legends, new season is coming up, I would like to enjoy my display more this season, and 120hz/144hz doesn't make much of a difference on league at all. My GTX980 should be able to drive 4k LoL at over 60fps all the time.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]