Need help setting up two drives in Raid 0 along with boot drive

Juscallmesteve

This is not my first time setting up Raid 0 with an SSD boot drive. But for some reason every way I try to set up my two hard drives in Raid it then causes my computer not to boot and go into recovery. I have checked boot order to see if somehow it changed and it has not. I have used both intel drive management tool after bios/before OS. I used the easy set up of raid in my motherboards bios. Using the motherboards easy raid 0 set up it would not allow me to select the drives I wanted the place into raid 0 so I would not be able to have my add plugged into motherboards that point. So I disconnected ssd and set up the raid 0 with the easy setup and stillno go. After my two hard drives are in Raid 0 I cannot boot iinto windows once I revert the raid set up I then can boot into windows.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but previously I only ever had to do was go into the intel drive management part and select the drives I wanted to set up in RAID 0 and then pretty much hit create and it was all set. For some reason is not working.

TL:DR I need help properly setting up two drives into RAID 0 and have my SSD as my boot drive

In the BIOS is the boot order set for the SSD first? Were the hard drives plugged in when you installed windows? I know sometimes the bootloader for windows can install itself on a different drive from the OS, not a clue why.

Otherwise try using Raid0 from windows disk management from inside windows

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Yes boot order has the ssd as first boot. Yes the hard drives were installed when I installed windows but they were not set up in Raid. And the disc management tool won't allow me to set them up in Raid.

Hmmm so windows is refusing, curious as to why it needs to be a raid 0? They cause so much more pain than they are worth.

Try right clicking on the drives, and "convert to dynamic disk" in disk management, then try striping them together?

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520