Browser fonts suddenly changed!?

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

If Firefox, go to Options, than go to the Content tab.

Within that tab, click on Advanced, and make sure the check box "Allow pages to use their font..." is checked.

Click OK everywhere, and restart Firefox.

If that doesn't help, open the system Font folder (search for "Font", and it should show up), and make sure: Segoe UI is there.

If it is missing, then using Windows System Restore, take your system back in time where it used to work, or upgrade Windows to the same version you have now (yes you can do that), or re-install Windows.

If it is there, then you can re-create your your Firefox account. To do this, go on the menu of Firefox, and click on teh help button (?), then click on Troubleshooting Information. A page will display. On it, you'll see a button "Reset Firefox".

Click on it, and all add-ons will be removed, all personal settings will be removed, your bookmarks should remain, but I suggest to do a backup of them (Bookmark menu button >  click on "Show all bookmarks". A panel will show. On it, click on Import and Backup

So I was working on stuff last night, then suddenly all my internet browser fonts (Firefox and Chrome, latest versions) changed...

I have no idea what happened but LTT is now in ugly Arial Bold and the text editor is in uglier Times New Roman... All other websites are affected too...

Any help you can throw this hermit??

Thanks in advance...

Fixed part of it by reinstalling some fonts...

Will post any progress that I'm making...

If Firefox, go to Options, than go to the Content tab.

Within that tab, click on Advanced, and make sure the check box "Allow pages to use their font..." is checked.

Click OK everywhere, and restart Firefox.

If that doesn't help, open the system Font folder (search for "Font", and it should show up), and make sure: Segoe UI is there.

If it is missing, then using Windows System Restore, take your system back in time where it used to work, or upgrade Windows to the same version you have now (yes you can do that), or re-install Windows.

If it is there, then you can re-create your your Firefox account. To do this, go on the menu of Firefox, and click on teh help button (?), then click on Troubleshooting Information. A page will display. On it, you'll see a button "Reset Firefox".

Click on it, and all add-ons will be removed, all personal settings will be removed, your bookmarks should remain, but I suggest to do a backup of them (Bookmark menu button >  click on "Show all bookmarks". A panel will show. On it, click on Import and Backup

Fixed part of it by reinstalling some fonts...

Will post any progress that I'm making...

System Fonts don't magically disappear. I would check for malware.

System Fonts don't magically disappear. I would check for malware.

I've got no malware on this... I just completed her annual housekeeping last night (involves malware scanning, defrag, temp file clearing, etc.)...

I did uninstall several programs using IOBit Uninstaller... Powerful scan might've taken one of the fonts out...

Just use the normal software uninstaller. And don't clean your registry. You should not clean the registry, you are only breaking things when you do... then one day you'll complain on how a Windows update made you re-install your system, or is failing to install, or you are trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and it failed at some point. Just don't. They are 0 advantage of doing this. As for left over files, you can just delete them yourself if it bugs you. There is no hidden locations, it's all the same:

C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Roaming\<PROGRAM NAME>

C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\AppData\<PROGRAM NAME>

C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Temp

C:\ProgramData\<PROGRAM NAME>

Forgot to mention, the reason why you don't care about cleaning the registry, is that it is database.

The power of databases is that it can read/write/access always at the same speed, no mater how big the database is. Much like this forum. All forums uses  a database to store posts. As the number of posts increases, the LTT doesn't start taking longer and longer to display information.