What is a good exterior load temp for a high-perf. thin laptop?

Decon

Who knows. I would say 60C on bottom is pretty extreme 50C is pretty good. On the top anything above 30-35 gets uncomfortable.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would say an exterior temp of 40C is pretty darn good. the metric for that is twofold really. does the laptop feel hot while on your lap

does your hand feel hot while on your WASD cluster?

beyond that in a gaming laptop, as long as your parts aren't above 95C when stress testing, you're technically fine, and under 80 for your average gaming load is not problematic.

remember that chip degradation is more voltage than it is temperature and clock speed

I would say an exterior temp of 40C is pretty darn good. the metric for that is twofold really. does the laptop feel hot while on your lap

does your hand feel hot while on your WASD cluster?

beyond that in a gaming laptop, as long as your parts aren't above 95C when stress testing, you're technically fine, and under 80 for your average gaming load is not problematic.

remember that chip degradation is more voltage than it is temperature and clock speed

my rig (see profile) runs around 38c (wasd) at max load on the CPU.  of course apple was super smart and put the GPU right under w...  -_-

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

For a thin and powerful thing? If you get 32 degrees outer temps you've found a godly notebook. The back and bottom are guaranteed to be nowhere near that if it's got any kind of power under the hood, though.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

For a thin and powerful thing? If you get 32 degrees outer temps you've found a godly notebook. The back and bottom are guaranteed to be nowhere near that if it's got any kind of power under the hood, though.

Back is the only part that really gets hot

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

Back is the only part that really gets hot

Some reviews like notebookcheck use a temperature reader gun thing to check. But they're never as cool as the bulkier models. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Some reviews like notebookcheck use a temperature reader gun thing to check. But they're never as cool as the bulkier models. 

also pretty loud :/