Watch SpaceX's rocket launch and historic barge landing

AndThenThereWas1

SpaceX just launched the Falcon 9 rocket. After delivering its payload it will attempt to land on a barge about 200 miles east of Jacksonville, Florida. The spacex team believes there is a 50-50 chance that the landing will be successful.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/142499/events/3665355

Update:

The launch was successful and the Falcon 9 rocket successfully delivered its payload into orbit. In the next few min, spacex will attempt to land the Falcon 9 rocket on the barge.

Update 2:

Landing Update

Rocket made it to drone spaceport ship, but landed hard. Close, but no cigar this time. Bodes well for the future though. source

Ship itself is fine. Some of the support equipment on the deck will need to be replaced...

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 10, 2015

Would of been cool if it had landed correctly, but im sure this failed landing will provide some very valuable data that will be used to make a better landing next time.

Update 3:

Unfortunately for those who want to see a video of the failed landing, this is what Elon Musk had to say:

Didn't get good landing/impact video. Pitch dark and foggy. Will piece it together from telemetry and ... actual pieces.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 10, 2015

I'm still waiting for the day of a electromagnetic accelerated launch of a unmanned space unit. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit