Monitors?

Techwiz707

Looks good to me. For gaming,do you think that your computer can put more than 60FPS?

4k GSync is a better option

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm not even sure that hdmi 2.0 can carry 4k signal at 120hz. You might be stuck at 60hz.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

I'm not even sure that hdmi 2.0 can carry 4k signal at 120hz. You might be stuck at 60hz.

A HDMI cable is not strong enough to carry. Maybe display port 3.0. For 4k and 120hz and or g-sync. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Lol sorry im kinda a newb on computer monitors, but my computer is powerful enough for 4k. Um what is a display fort 3.0 and is g-sync not compatible with this monitor?

Ok, basicly I want a really good monitor under $1000 that is 4k, looks slick and sexy with thin bezels, that can display 120hz at 4k or at lest 1440p at 120hz. I have a computer that is powerful enough. Can someone please help/explain/find this to me. Im new to monitors and building PCs in general. Thx  ;)

Lol sorry im kinda a newb on computer monitors, but my computer is powerful enough for 4k. Um what is a display fort 3.0 and is g-sync not compatible with this monitor?

That TV can do 4K at 30Hz or 1080p at 120Hz, but not 4K at 120Hz. This is not possible with any display currently on the market, since both the latest revisions of HDMI (2.0) and DisplayPort (1.3) can't carry enough data for 4K at 120Hz.

Be aware that almost all TVs advertise refresh rates they aren't capable of displaying. The Seiki TVs are a notable exception. Most TVs that say "120Hz" or "240Hz" or above can't actually accept more than a 60Hz signal from the source. They insert extra "fake" frames that it calculates from the source material, by analyzing the frames and figuring out what an "inbetween" frame might look like. This process doesn't help much and also adds a massive delay which is terrible for gaming. It's there purely for advertising purposes. The Seiki TVs are one of the few that actually means 120Hz when it says 120Hz, most TVs aren't really capable of that.

There are only a handful of 120Hz+ 1440p monitors right now, and only 1 on sale: the ASUS PG278Q. The others, the Acer XB270HU, XG270HU, ASUS MG279Q, and BenQ XL2730Z, have been announced, but not released yet. The MG279Q is the best choice in my opinion, especially if you have an AMD graphics card.

If you want 4K, you'll have to stick with 60Hz. Nothing above that exists right now.

Also, what graphics card(s) do you have?

I have two sli gtx 980's and basicly I want a really good monitor under $1000 that is 4k, looks slick and sexy with thin bezels or a monitor that has a 1440p display at 120hz. Can someone please help/explain/find this to me. Im new to monitors and building PCs in general. Thx   ;)

Oh and I am looking for a monitor that is anywhere from 25" to 30"

That's the only 1440p monitor over 60Hz on sale right now, but at $900 it's overpriced in my opinion. The MG279Q will retail at $600 and upgrades to an IPS panel for better picture quality and viewing angles. You lose G-Sync though, which helps make the image smoother and eliminates tearing. The XB270HU has both an IPS panel and G-Sync but the monitor itself looks uglier in my opinion, haha.

I have two sli gtx 980's and basicly I want a really good monitor under $1000 that is 4k, looks slick and sexy with thin bezels OR a monitor that has a 1440p display at 120hz Can someone please help/explain/find this to me. I was also wondering can I use a 4k monitor but turn down the settings in game to 1080p or 1440p and make it 120hz instead of the restricted 60hz at 4k? Im new to monitors and building PCs in general. Thx     ;)

you're not going to find any 4k displays that have a scaler than can accept 120hz input

many people seem to think the ROG Swift is a good monitor, but I am a sucker for color myself. I use a PB278Q

the Asus PQ321Q is a good 4k monitor, but it costs a pretty penny

Thanks for all the help people! I was also wondering can I use a 4k monitor but turn down the settings in game to 1080p or 1440p and make it 120hz instead of the restricted 60hz at 4k? 

And does the PB278Q and Dell P2715Q  have a 120hz refresh rate and g-sync?

Sorry for asking so many questions im just really confused with all these monitor options and dont know which to go with. Thx to everyone for helping me out :)

There aren't any Dell monitors with 120Hz or G-SYNC that I'm aware of, and the PB278Q doesn't either. If you want those you should wait for the Acer XB270HU (144Hz 1440p G-SYNC) or the ASUS PG27AQ (60Hz 4K G-SYNC).

Currently all 4K monitors have a maximum of 60Hz.

Ok, thank you so much. Everyone was alot of help especially Glenwing. I think I will get the ASUS PG27AQ (so 4k 60hz and g-sync)  and I think this will be fine for my sli gtx 980's. That should be powerful enough for 60fps at 4k right?

Ok, thank you so much. Everyone was alot of help especially Glenwing. I think I will get the ASUS PG27AQ (so 4k 60hz and g-sync) and I think this will be fine for my sli gtx 980's. That should be powerful enough for 60fps at 4k right?

Should run pretty well in most games, especially if you overclock and disable anti-aliasing.

And when does the 

Asus ROG Swift PG27AQ come out?

No date announced yet, but likely not until the second half of the year.