Help choosing a ~200-250€ graphics card

RiskyBomberPT
Go to solution Solved by iSuzak,

Oh I see... The shop I was searching on shipps at a very low price for portugal, specially if I chose top pick up on the phisical store (because they don't have stock of most of these stuff on the small phisical shops in Portugal, so they sent from France, I already ordered some stuff there and it's very safe and fast.)<br /><br />Can someone compare that Club3D card to the VTX3D I've shown up? It seems that they are quite similar, but I can't get that things translated very well, and I don't speak that language

EDIT: From what I've understand, the memory on the Club3D is clocked higher than on the VTX3D.. does that take any great advantage? Because I'm not quite fan of buying in other countries and on websites that have strange languages..

Even if the clocks are higher right out of the box, you can overclock yourself and it will do the job, so yeah go for the VTX3D card ;)

Quick Edit : Even if a 7870 XT/jokercard performs almost like a 7950, if you can go for a 7950 go for it. The 7950 is a really great at overclock and show it's worth compared to a 7870 XT when overclocked. But on the other side the 7870 XT is still a great value card, you won't be disapointed if you go with it.

Hey there.

I'll be buying a pc component by component soon. I'll go with an 3570k if that is a matter and 8GB ram, etc.. But I'm undecided in which graphics card should I buy. The monitor I have is a Samsung 24' Full HD LED, it plugs via HDMI and VGA, if that matters. I already have the monitor for a couple of time and it's gorgeous.

The shop i'll be buying in will be Pixmania. It's the shop with less expensive cards here in Portugal.. You can check the site, it's in various countries and languages and the prices are globally equal I think so.

For now I have these ones in mind:

186.99€ VTX3D Radeon HD 7870 Black Edition - 2 GB GDDR5

204.11€ ASUS GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC - 2 GB GDDR5

249.90€ VTX3D Radeon HD 7950 X-Edition - 3 GB GDDR5

249.99€ MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti - 2 GB GDDR5

Basically, I wanna know if it's worth to go with the more expensive ones or if the 7870 BE (is a Tahiti LE) is good enouf.. I don't wanna be paying 50€ more for the 7950 if it doesn't get any real advantage.. The reason why I'm asking here I because I can't find any 7870 Tahiti LE benchmarks and comparisons... I can only see the standard 7870 benchmarks..

I also put some Geforce graphics cards because, well, I'm not a very advanced user, and I heard that Geforce drivers are way better to configure than the AMD ones. My actual computer is a laptop with Nvidia graphics and I can say, the drivers are very user friendly, and I did like the new GeForce Experience thingy that helps getting the best configurations for my games.

Also, for reference, the games I mostly play are CSGO, LoL, DayZ, and Dota2. I also like to try some other games and I'll be probably buying some of the new popular tititles like Crysis3 soon. Also I'd like the graphics card to handle live streaming while playing LoL, since my Laptop can't live stream without lagging.

I hope you can help me getting the right graphics card for me. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to have the most information for you to help me with the most near perfect choice in this limited price range.

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I'm new in the forum.

Buy a 7870 joker.

It is on sale at jimm's.

http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/CGAX-7876XT

It is just awesome deal, only 219€.

And it performs like a 7950!

Well, I think it isn't, so then I'll go with the 7950..

Thank you for the fast answer mate

Hm, that Joker isn't like that VTX3D I've shown? It is a 7870 Tahiti and the specs look about the same. Does it really perform like 7950?

Also that shop ships for portugal?

Hm, that Joker isn't like that VTX3D I've shown? It is a 7870 Tahiti and the specs look about the same. Does it really perform like 7950?

Also that shop ships for portugal?

It's possible, you just have to email them at asiakaspalvelu@jimms.fi and ask how much the shipping would be. This is Finland we are speaking about... I wouldn't expect anything cheap.

Oh I see... The shop I was searching on shipps at a very low price for portugal, specially if I chose top pick up on the phisical store (because they don't have stock of most of these stuff on the small phisical shops in Portugal, so they sent from France, I already ordered some stuff there and it's very safe and fast.)<br /><br />Can someone compare that Club3D card to the VTX3D I've shown up? It seems that they are quite similar, but I can't get that things translated very well, and I don't speak that language

EDIT: From what I've understand, the memory on the Club3D is clocked higher than on the VTX3D.. does that take any great advantage? Because I'm not quite fan of buying in other countries and on websites that have strange languages..

Even if the clocks are higher right out of the box, you can overclock yourself and it will do the job, so yeah go for the VTX3D card ;)

Quick Edit : Even if a 7870 XT/jokercard performs almost like a 7950, if you can go for a 7950 go for it. The 7950 is a really great at overclock and show it's worth compared to a 7870 XT when overclocked. But on the other side the 7870 XT is still a great value card, you won't be disapointed if you go with it.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Well, thank you all

The money I'll save with the VTX3D instead of the 7950 I'll just save it till I have some more and hopefully put an SSD on my system, because I really went for a better use performance than for system/app loading speeds for the start, since my money is a bit tight.