New quiet CPU cooler and case fans

Dragonvader

Hello.

So I have decided to switch out my fans and my stock intel cooler for something that is both quieter and give me more performance. I have an 3570k and a fractal design r4 case all with stock fans. Most coolers should fit as I have low profile memory. My color theme is mainly blue and black and I would like to have something that goes well with that so Noctua fans are sadly not an option. The plan is to get a tower cooler for the cpu and 4 case fans. Two in the front, one in the back and one right over my gtx 680. I also have quiet a few hard drives in the front so I don't know if it's better to go with static pressure or airflow optimized fans in the front. So essentially I'm looking for something that performs like the Noctua NH-D14 and their case fans but fits better to my blue and black build. Thanks for your time. :)

You could do an h100 in the front of the R4. Not too sure about the X60 though because I am unsure about tubing lenght, but the X60 would be the logical choice for front mounting in the R4.

Thanks for the quick answer but I should mention that I would prefer air cooling over water cooling. The primary reason is that I have nowhere to put a dual radiator as I need both hard drive bays in the front and there is not enough room for a radiator in the top of the case. :)

Do you have a price range for the the fans and the cooler.

Well, I would not much higher than the Noctua cooler and fans cost. And another question: Should I go with 140mm or 120mm fans? What are the pros and cons? ;)

Go with 140mm fans, quieter and it'll look "right" with your other 140mm fans. Might I suggest the Silver Arrow?

*Air-Cooling* why do you guy say H100 / X60? dont understand this :D

Maybe take a Look at the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 it's a pretty amazing (and heavy (1.5Kilograms)) Air cooling, which comes with very good Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 Fans. It's near "Dead silent" and does a very good job at my Phenom II X6 1090T @ 5Ghz..

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I have two 120mm Cougar pwm fans as a push/pull on my Hyper 212+. Those fans are awesome and really quiet! They keep my 2600k pretty cool without sounding like a jet engine.

• Intel Core i7 2600k 4.5Ghz

Sapphire 7950

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Cooler Master 850w

Corsair H100i

Fractal Design Define R4

Roccat Kone+ Mouse

Logitech G15 Keyboard

*Air-Cooling* why do you guy say H100 / X60? dont understand this :D Maybe take a Look at the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 it's a pretty amazing (and heavy (1.5Kilograms)) Air cooling' date=' which comes with very good Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 Fans. It's near "Dead silent" and does a very good job at my Phenom II X6 1090T @ 5Ghz..[/quote']

Might go with be quiet fans for the case as well then. Thanks for the suggestion :) Or is the Phanteks PH-TC14PE any good? I heard some great things about it.

[h=1][/h]

the phanteks is a good choice. can be a lil difficult to install the cooler to mount,

but when done will fit with side-panel on and looks great. i didn't care for it much

over my D14 (kinda a sideways move) but for your scheme the black or blue TC14

will be excellent.

you'd mentioned no radiator install in roof, but there are many that have the H100

installed in the roof. with a simple mod of drilling some new holes it is done.

bill owen (MNPCTECH) has a tutorial on how to and many others.

airdeano

Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E with quiet 140mm fans and for the case i'd look at bequiet as they are black and would match your rig :)

Noiseblocker 140mm Blacksilent XK1 - black and blue.

Right now im running a hyper 212+ with the stock fan and im getting good temps