Headphones for movies

as96

I'm looking for an headphone to use on my HTPC, I don't want to spend more than €60-70, if less than €60 it's even better, I need decent audio quality but more important they need to be comfortable for long periods of time.

If possible the cable should be long at least 2-3m but it's not a problem I could get an extension if it's not.

The Pioneer SE-A1000 had a nice long cable, and really low clamping pressure. The pads are not deep but you can modify them by stuffing cotton balls inside/under if you find that uncomfortable. Not sure if you can find it for that price in Europe though.

The Pioneer SE-A1000 had a nice long cable, and really low clamping pressure. The pads are not deep but you can modify them by stuffing cotton balls inside/under if you find that uncomfortable. Not sure if you can find it for that price in Europe though.

These?: IZGFHuj.png?1

They are a bit over my budget, it's not a big deal though.

These?:

Yes those. For movies anything that's decent will be fine. You should look up Superlux headphones. They might be a bit cheaper but the cable will not be as long. 

These?: IZGFHuj.png?1

I haven't tried that model, but I tend not to like that type of headband....it just feels weird. I have Sennheiser HD555 which I can only recommend, but those are a little over your budget

You might like looking into these: http://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-HD-449-Cuffie-tradizionali/dp/B005N8W214/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420565104&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+449 or these http://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-Cuffia-stereo-dinamica-circumaurale/dp/B0042A68R8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420565176&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+518

Both of the headphones cost a little bit less in the German amazon store

I haven't tried that model, but I tend not to like that type of headband....it just feels weird. I have Sennheiser HD555 which I can only recommend, but those are a little over your budget

You might like looking into these: http://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-HD-449-Cuffie-tradizionali/dp/B005N8W214/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420565104&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+449 or these http://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-Cuffia-stereo-dinamica-circumaurale/dp/B0042A68R8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420565176&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+518

Both of the headphones cost a little bit less in the German amazon store

If I buy from the german version I have to pay the shipping (at least as far as I know), between the pioneer and the two that you suggested which one do you think it's better? is it worth to spend €89 on the HD518?

I'm a complete noob on "audio", thank you guys for the answers!

If I buy from the german version I have to pay the shipping (at least as far as I know), between the pioneer and the two that you suggested which one do you think it's better? is it worth to spend €89 on the HD518?

I'm a complete noob on "audio", thank you guys for the answers!

You'd probably be fine with either one, but the best would be if you could try on the headphones at a store and see which one fits your head better, but since I've only worn those in a store I can't really recommend one over the other

If you really really need to save some money, get a Superlux as NannerBeans suggested. these more expensive option will be slightly better overall, but it's up too you how much you like money vs how much you like nice things. Thomann.de carries a wide selection and isn't just a German site.

You'd probably be fine with either one, but the best would be if you could try on the headphones at a store and see which one fits your head better, but since I've only worn those in a store I can't really recommend one over the other

Trying an SE-A1000 in-store wont really tell you much, as it's one of those cheap headphones that needs to be modded to fit right for most people. In addition to those cotton balls I mentioned earlier, the headband usually needs some tightening. The procedure is documented in my review linked in my siggy for further details. I actually found the headband to be more comfy than my 650's (once tightened), and also better than an AKG headband. It's not rigid, so it can bend with all the dips and crests of a human head, providing just as much or more surface area for friction as a "normal" Sennheiser headband, and just as much or more flexibility as any other suspension headband I've tried. I liked it so much I gave it to a dear older gentleman friend knowing he'd appreciate it the most.

That said, the 518 is good too and wont require modding. The removable cable is a plus, as well. Up to OP if he prefers to save a few bucks or not having the potential need for fiddling.