XFX fxtristand USB Mod

Mastermew

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to replace usb 2.0 ports into usb 3.0. Its on a xfx fxtristand. I just bought it so I haven't had a chance to look at it. Let me know if anyone has done this with a hub or anything. Thanks.

post-147125-0-03061500-1420499373_thumb.

post-147125-0-77271100-1420499386.png

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to replace usb 2.0 ports into usb 3.0. Its on a xfx fxtristand. I just bought it so I haven't had a chance to look at it. Let me know if anyone has done this with a hub or anything. Thanks.

It's theoretically possible but will take some time. if you can find a 4 port USB 3.0 hub that you can take apart and split off into two location you can remove the one currently inside and possiblly glue/attach the new one in place, but the connector on the USB 2.0 input will need to be cut larger to accept a USB 3.0 connector.

It's theoretically possible but will take some time. if you can find a 4 port USB 3.0 hub that you can take apart and split off into two location you can remove the one currently inside and possiblly glue/attach the new one in place, but the connector on the USB 2.0 input will need to be cut larger to accept a USB 3.0 connector.

I mean he could remove the input connector and when wiring the USB 3, just run a cable through the hole.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I mean he could remove the input connector and when wiring the USB 3, just run a cable through the hole.

It would be slightly less soldering to do, but he would need to still change the internals since the USB 3 has some extra pins.

It would be slightly less soldering to do, but he would need to still change the internals since the USB 3 has some extra pins.

I was thinking of it like this. Take a normal USB 3 cable (300mm should be enough). Cut the female socket off. Run the cable through the input hole. Split the cable into 2 headers that will be glued in place. That seems to be the least amount of work for the best result. You'll be left with a male connector on the PC side, so you could use just an extension to make it reach the PC.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll let you know when I get it and see how easily it is taken apart