You guys were wrong...

David1521

I asked the forums if I needed a FiiO e18 for my Ath 900x, You guys insisted that I didn't and that my phone and computer had plenty of juice to pump them. So I asked if I'd notice a difference, and you guys said "not really." Well I bought them anyways and HOLY SHIT my headphones sound SOOO much better. Why you lie? I love you guys, but why you lie?

CPU: i7 6800k @ 4.1ghz | Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 | RAM: 64 GB 2400Mhz DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | GPU: GTX 2080 ti Zotac AMP | CASE: Corsair 780T | Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Nvme SSD, Samsung 950 Pro 1TB SSD, Seagate 7200rpm 1TB HDD, Seagate 5TB external HDD | PSU: EVGA 850watt G2 | Displays (3): Samsung Odyssey G70 32 inch 1440p 240hz Monitor 1ms rt, LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor, LG 43UD79-B 43" 16:9 4K IPS Monitor | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Mini, Razer Huntsman Elite | Mice: Logitech G502 HERO wireless, Roccat Leadr | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 700, Hifiman HE1000 V2, Oppo PM3s | DAC/AMP and USB audio enhancers: Schiit Gungnir Multibit, Schiit Mjolnir 2, Sennheiser HD 700, Oppo HA-2 Headphone amplifier, Schiit USB Decrapifier | Webcam: Logitech BRIO 4k | Speakers: Klipsch The Sixes Powered Monitors and MartinLogan Dynamo 300 Stereo Subwoofer with Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Resolution USB DAC to run them both at the same time. And an Amazon Echo linked at the same time to these speakers via bluetooth on the sound blaster. | Microphone and DAC/AMP: Blue yeti pro, and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) | Router and Modem: Asus rog rapture GT-AC5300, and ARRIS SURFboard SB8200

Your phone and mobo sucks.  B)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I listened without the dac/amp and with the dac/amp and it sounded immensely better with the dac/amp. 320kbps songs.

CPU: i7 6800k @ 4.1ghz | Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 | RAM: 64 GB 2400Mhz DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | GPU: GTX 2080 ti Zotac AMP | CASE: Corsair 780T | Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Nvme SSD, Samsung 950 Pro 1TB SSD, Seagate 7200rpm 1TB HDD, Seagate 5TB external HDD | PSU: EVGA 850watt G2 | Displays (3): Samsung Odyssey G70 32 inch 1440p 240hz Monitor 1ms rt, LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor, LG 43UD79-B 43" 16:9 4K IPS Monitor | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Mini, Razer Huntsman Elite | Mice: Logitech G502 HERO wireless, Roccat Leadr | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 700, Hifiman HE1000 V2, Oppo PM3s | DAC/AMP and USB audio enhancers: Schiit Gungnir Multibit, Schiit Mjolnir 2, Sennheiser HD 700, Oppo HA-2 Headphone amplifier, Schiit USB Decrapifier | Webcam: Logitech BRIO 4k | Speakers: Klipsch The Sixes Powered Monitors and MartinLogan Dynamo 300 Stereo Subwoofer with Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Resolution USB DAC to run them both at the same time. And an Amazon Echo linked at the same time to these speakers via bluetooth on the sound blaster. | Microphone and DAC/AMP: Blue yeti pro, and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) | Router and Modem: Asus rog rapture GT-AC5300, and ARRIS SURFboard SB8200

Pretty much this. We didn't lie, we can only report the balance of probability. Possibly an impedance mismatch on the phone, mobo?

I listened without the dac/amp and with the dac/amp and it sounded immensely better with the dac/amp. 320kbps songs.

What sounded better, exactly?

I have the Asus Crosshair V forumla Z mobo with supreme fx sound and the galaxy s5. I don't think those "suck".

But did you blind test it?

I have the Asus Crosshair V forumla Z mobo with supreme fx sound and the galaxy s5. I don't think those "suck".

The Galaxy has really bad audio actually. The mobo should be fine. 

Pretty much this. We didn't lie, we can only report the balance of probability. Possibly an impedance mismatch on the phone, mobo?

Crisper sounds, clearer vocals, better bass, less distortion when loudness in a song suddenly hits.

S5 has like great audio, so placebo is definitely real. Okay the review I found lied.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

But did you blind test it?

The Galaxy has really bad audio actually. The mobo should be fine. 

What exactly is a blind test?

People probably should have asked which mobo/phone he has. But yeah you are right.

What exactly is a blind test?

Testing it when you don't know which one you're listening to. Placebo is a real thing. You're also going to want to make sure both sources are the same loudness. 

placebo city folks

should of blind tested

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Oh, well, I didn't ask any friends to do that for me yet, so no. I didn't do a blind test.

Crisper sounds, clearer vocals, better bass, less distortion when loudness in a song suddenly hits.

Sounds like you just got unlucky on your phone and mobo, then.

placebo city folks

should of blind tested

I don't think so. That is why we recommend testing BEFORE buying an amp, because sometimes it IS necessary. Just not as much as people think, and the improvement if there are no problems like this is minimal to imaginary.

To be fair, audio is subjective so whats great for one person might not be as good for another person.

Clipping distortion and impedance mismatch have pretty clearly objective manifestation in the sound.

Placebo.

Ah, the echo-chamber mouth-breathing contingent is out in force it seems.

Oh, well, I didn't ask any friends to do that for me yet, so no. I didn't do a blind test.

Yeah that's the only real way to know. You might have had some bad onboard or it could be placebo. I don't trust my own ears half the time. I was listening to the AKG K550 over winter break and I swear half the time I think it sounded great and half the time I thought it sounded like trash. 

Or it's simply just a case of placebo.

Clipping distortion and impedance mismatch have pretty clearly objective manifestation in the sound.

Ah I only read the OP so I didn't see that part, but I thought with OP saying that "it sounds SOOO much better" was subjective statement.

Or it's simply just a case of placebo.

Could be, but no need to dump that on the OP when you have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

Could be, but no need to dump that on the OP when you have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

Nigga thats what I did.