Sennheiser Game Zero Amp?

Majasprat

So I just got the sennheiser Game zero headset and to my understanding I need an amp to make full use of it. I was thinking about getting the Fiio e10k. Do you think this is a good option for my particular headset? Or do I need a more expensive option? Will it greatly improve over the stock sound on my Gigabyte D3H Z87 motherboard? Would a soundcard be a better option?

Thanks! :)

Dont get an amp, you're fine without one ;)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Well I think I would like to get something. I mean I'm really not getting full power out of these cans. So maybe I should just get the e10k they are pretty cheap. 

They have 150 ohm impedance and on a review I watched it said you'll need a amp to fully drive them. Am I wrong? Sorry, I don't know too much about audio equipment. 

If it makes any difference I'll be getting it as a gift so I'm not actually paying for it haha

I have the same headset and i got a Fiio E10K the headset got much better with the amp.

I have the same headset and i got a Fiio E10K the headset got much better with the amp.

Oh haha. That is convenient. How much better?

If you want a cheaper solution, get a Asus Xonar DGX. I've used it for my G4Me zero as well before upgrading to Sound Blaster Z. 

In games not that much except that i now can hear the enemy without the need to have the volume at 100% anymore and shots and explosions sounds like it instead om rumbling.

When listening to music the difference is bigger, let's just say I'm not going to stop using it or sell it like I do with anything that I'm not 100% satisfied with.

How do you like the sound blaster? That would probably work very well too. Honestly I would prefer a sound card if it is good because it is one less thing to forget when I transport my gaming rig from my mum and dads.

In games not that much except that i now can hear the enemy without the need to have the volume at 100% anymore and shots and explosions sounds like it instead om rumbling.

When listening to music the difference is bigger, let's just say I'm not going to stop using it or sell it like I do with anything that I'm not 100% satisfied with.

Okay well I think I'll get it if I don't get the sound blaster. Just waiting to see what sweeny has to say about it. 

If it makes any difference I'll be getting it as a gift so I'm not actually paying for it haha

Then you have nothing to lose and this topic was, with respect, pointless.

If you were paying for it, I would suggest that you explain exactly why you don't think you need an amp. Insufficient volume? Grungy distortion during peaks in music or game audio? High noise floor even when no sound is playing? Static, pops, clicks? If you have no complaints like these with your sound as it is, then an amp will probably do very little for you.

Uhh how does that make it pointless o_O. The person asked what I wanted so I'm not going to have them buy something that isn't very good. I'd rather them not waste money. I didn't say I needed an amp but I was told that it is recommended.

I don't have any particular complaints but I think it isn't working at it's full capacity.

I don't have any particular complaints but I think it isn't working at it's full capacity.

The Fiio E10k is a good amp and DAC, if you are not going to pay for it there really is no reason not to get one. That said, you haven't explained why you think you need one.

Do you think the sound blaster z is a better alternative to the Fiio e10k?

The Fiio E10k is a good amp and DAC, if you are not going to pay for it there really is no reason not to get one. That said, you haven't explained why you think you need one.

like I said I've been told that my 150 ohms amperage headset would benefit greatly from a amp.

like I said I've been told that my 150 ohms amperage headset would benefit greatly from a amp.

And I'm telling you it wouldn't, UNLESS you're having actual problems with your current audio. If any of the other audio regulars get their butts in here they will tell you the same thing. And the Fiio is likely to be better than any soundcard unless you need mic-in or surround.

I agree with SSL

And I'm telling you it wouldn't, UNLESS you're having actual problems with your current audio. If any of the other audio regulars get their butts in here they will tell you the same thing. And the Fiio is likely to be better than any soundcard unless you need mic-in or surround.

I was being lazy and letting you handle it ;)

Okay I'll get the fiio then because I don't need surround. Razer surround seems to work fine.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Okay I'll get the fiio then because I don't need surround. Razer surround seems to work fine.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Good deal

I would, as soon as I found my butt. I must have left it somewhere.....

I can guess where you wish you'd left it.

Good deal

I can guess where you wish you'd left it.

on dis diq

Serious tho @OP, you most likely don't need one unless you're having problems already with your current solution.  The fiio is a cheap good option, so if you must spend money, that's a good price/performance unit.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

on dis diq

I was thinking in Taylor Swift's capable hands, but ok.