$100 microphone?

teddyteddyteddy

If you guys know about recording and stuff, what would be a good all around mic for electric guitar, bass, and vocals?  I don't want to spend too much more than $100. 

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

AT2020 is pretty good.

This.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

AT2020 is pretty good.

This.

it's above 100...

yeti is 109.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

it's above 100...

yeti is 109.

What part of the world do you live in ? And a Blue SnowBall is pretty good.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

What part of the world do you live in ? And a Blue SnowBall is pretty good.

it's not me, im just saying. on amazon.com at2020 is 129, yeti 109. giving options since you guys didnt.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

it's above 100...

yeti is 109.

the yeti is usb though, I don't want that. I would be using my focusrite scarlett 2i2 with it.  the at 2020 isn't too much, it's just at the top of my budget

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

AT2020 is pretty good.

This.

is it good for guitar and stuff too? I know youtubers use it and some people use it for singing

the yeti is usb though, I don't want that. I would be using my focusrite scarlett 2i2 with it

oh you want XLR? Then sure get at2020.

or this thing on massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mxl-v67g-mic

Spoiler

oh you want XLR? Then sure get at2020.

or this thing on massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mxl-v67g-mic

is that one good?

there's also this one: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/samson-c01u-usb-studio-condenser-microphone

idk look at reviews, it's generally good deals on massdrop.

I though you don't need usb.

Spoiler

idk look at reviews, it's generally good deals on massdrop.

I though you don't need usb.

whoops I saw it and thought it wasn't usb for some reason.  I'm pretty sure there's a version of that microphone that isn't usb so i was just confused...  Yeah I don't want usb

You should know some microphones are better for one thing than others. Like an Electro Voice PL 37 is better for things like acoustic guitars but a Devine BM-600 is better for vocals and ambient sounds. Getting one microphone is going to be difficult for true professional audiophiles to recommend but I have to say the latter would be a great choice(BM-600 and it's also under 100$) or a DAP CM-67.

That's all I worked with I could recommend, some pale in comparison with more expensive models but with good post production the quality should shine.

well im not a professional so i cant really tell definitly wich one is the best but i have the yeti now for almost a month and i quite like it. to be honest it does pick up quite a lot background but for recording instruments i usually have a very quiet room anyway so it sound actually pretty good but if you use it for example for things like skype  calls etc. i guess it can be anoying to some people to hear all that stuff going on in the background. as features go its pretty awesome i like no-latency headphone output and also the setup is pretty easy via usb. id recommend it but hey, thats just one mans opinion

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

You should know some microphones are better for one thing than others. Like an Electro Voice PL 37 is better for things like acoustic guitars but a Devine BM-600 is better for vocals and ambient sounds. Getting one microphone is going to be difficult for true professional audiophiles to recommend but I have to say the latter would be a great choice(BM-600 and it's also under 100$) or a DAP CM-67.

That's all I worked with I could recommend, some pale in comparison with more expensive models but with good post production the quality should shine.

I know different microphones are better for different things, but I'm just looking for a decent one to start out with.  I'll check out the ones you recommended