Xbox One audio to a Windows PC

PoloniumFist

EDIT: I should also mention I only need stereo, no surround

EDIT 2: My motherboard does not have a SPDIF header.

FINAL EDIT: I figured it out! The key component was this SMSL SD793-II and what I've done is Xbox HDMI to TV, TV coax out to DAC (the SMSL SD793-II), DAC out to desktop speakers with a male RCA left-right to female 3.5mm to my speakers , then the headphones port on the DAC to my headphones (duh), then I use an Asus Xonar DG PCI card I had and use its SPDIF out to the DAC.
So now I turn on the DAC, and can use headphones or speakers at will, they each have their own volume knob, neither has to be in a certain position to get audio, and I can switch inputs to get audio from either my PC or my Xbox. No muss, no fuss.

This amp/DAC is great by the way.

I need to get the audio from my Xbox One to my PC (to play onto my USB amp/DAC). My motherboard only has a Line In and Mic In.

Are there PCI cards for SPDIF input or HDMI A/V splitters that split to digital video and analog audio?

I've done days of research to no avail.

Thanks.

Praise the Lamp!

get audio out from your tv or monitor, put that in the mic input from your pc, then go to recording devices, select the mic input and go to properties, then select listen to this device.

I've never tried this but it should work since windows can take the audio output from a device and then use it as input

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I need to get the audio from my Xbox One to my PC (to play onto my USB amp/DAC). My PC only has a Line In.

Are there PCI cards for SPDIF input for PC's or HDMI A/V splitters that split to digital video and analog audio?

I've done days of research to no avail.

Thanks.

I have mine setup with spdif into the pc then outputting to my analog surround sound system, You can use any analog device like headphones etc as well. For video i just ran an hdmi to the tv.

oh and you'll need a cable like this

35mm35mm.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

My dad suggested 3.5 to 3.5. I forgot to mention my Xbox is connected to a TV mounted on the wall above my primary. It doesn't seem to have analog audio out, just an unlabeled coax. My monitors don't have 3.5 out either.

I have mine setup with spdif into the pc then outputting to my analog surround sound system, You can use any analog device like headphones etc as well. For video i just ran an hdmi to the tv.

How do you have SPDIF to your PC, is it on your motherboard or a soundcard or what? If I could do that, that would be the simplest I think.

Praise the Lamp!

My dad suggested 3.5 to 3.5. I forgot to mention my Xbox is connected to a TV mounted on the wall above my primary. It doesn't seem to have analog audio out, just an unlabeled coax. My monitors don't have 3.5 out either.

How do you have SPDIF to your PC, is it on your motherboard or a soundcard or what? If I could do that, that would be the simplest I think.

i bought a sound card with spdif input. You can then output it to anything the soundcard supports

i bought a sound card with spdif input. You can then output it to anything the soundcard supports

What soundcard is it? I'm having trouble finding any online with SPDIF inputs. I just need something cheap, I won't be using the soundcard's outputs at all, my actual output devices (speakers and headphones) are on a USB amp/DAC. 

Praise the Lamp!

What soundcard is it? I'm having trouble finding any online with SPDIF inputs. I just need something cheap, I won't be using the soundcard's outputs at all, my actual output devices (speakers and headphones) are on a USB amp/DAC. 

Its a soundblaster zx. Its not excatly cheap :/ If your not using the sound cards outputs though it would be useless to you, the sound card is the one decoding the digital input you cannot output it through anything other than the sound card itself.

Some motherboards have SPDIF input headers. They just need something like this:

12CR1-1SPDIN-01R.jpg

If you don't have this, a cheap sound card with optical inputs would work (optical is better than coaxial for this purpose because most makers don't put isolation transformers on their coaxial connections).

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E ~$50

Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI-E ~$80

Some motherboards have SPDIF input headers. They just need something like this:

12CR1-1SPDIN-01R.jpg

If you don't have this, a cheap sound card with optical inputs would work (optical is better than coaxial for this purpose because most makers don't put isolation transformers on their coaxial connections).

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E ~$50

Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI-E ~$80

It seems my motherboard does not have a SPDIF header.

Its a soundblaster zx. Its not excatly cheap :/ If your not using the sound cards outputs though it would be useless to you, the sound card is the one decoding the digital input you cannot output it through anything other than the sound card itself.

But wouldn't Windows recognize it as a recording device, then I can just tell Windows to monitor that device, and by default the audio being record will be output to my default output device?

EDIT: Like this

UGeDv8H.jpg

Praise the Lamp!

It seems my motherboard does not have a SPDIF header.

But wouldn't Windows recognize it as a recording device, then I can just tell Windows to monitor that device, and by default the audio being record will be output to my default output device?

EDIT: Like this

-snip-

I did indeed try that without success on my end. I could not force it to play through any kind of usb output device or anything not connected to the sound card. I read something a bit ago that it had to do with licencing issues and due to that you can not output the audio to anything but what is connected to the sound card. Maybe someone on the forums here has found a workaround for it but i myself have been unsuccessful in such a setup.

I did indeed try that without success on my end. I could not force it to play through any kind of usb output device or anything not connected to the sound card. I read something a bit ago that it had to do with licencing issues and due to that you can not output the audio to anything but what is connected to the sound card. Maybe someone on the forums here has found a workaround for it but i myself have been unsuccessful in such a setup.

Ah ok

Praise the Lamp!

Get a Fiio D3 and then connect it to your computer's line in with a 3.5mm cable. It's a fairly cheap solution but not sure how loud it would be without an amp in between as I've never done it before but I think you computer should be able to amp it on the other end.