64 bit processors in mobile phones and budget 64bit phones

Was wondering with the new update for android allowing 64bit processors to be used, with the amount of ram in phones, (no more than 3GB), what is actually the point of having 64bit in phones.

Also the introduction of more budget phones running chips like the snapdragon 410, what benefits does this give to budget phones which are likely not to have any more than 2GB of ram for a long while.

Da Monster: Intel core i3 540, Radeon HD 6850, 250GB HHD, 19" Dell, 24" 1280x768 Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard :)

TV PC: AMD Athlon 64 5000+, radeon HD 5450, 500GB HDD, 19" Dell, 42" Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard

Toshiba Encore 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet and Huawei Ascend G620S smartphone w/Snapdragon 410

"64-bit computing is the use of processors that have datapath widths, integer size, and memory addresses widths of 64 bits (eight octets). Also, 64-bit CPU and ALU architectures are those that are based on registers, address buses, or data buses of that size." -wiki

Pretty much that in a nutshell.

We will get 4gb's in phones by Q3/Q4 2015 I believe.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

OK thanks

Da Monster: Intel core i3 540, Radeon HD 6850, 250GB HHD, 19" Dell, 24" 1280x768 Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard :)

TV PC: AMD Athlon 64 5000+, radeon HD 5450, 500GB HDD, 19" Dell, 42" Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard

Toshiba Encore 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet and Huawei Ascend G620S smartphone w/Snapdragon 410

We will get 4gb's in phones by Q3/Q4 2015 I believe.

Well, as we all know, Apple doesn't like to be very generous with the amount of RAM that they put in their devices. I don't care how optimised their iOS may be, I want 4GB in my iPhone/iPad damn it! I currently only have 1GB in my iPhone 4 and iPad 4 and I do find applications crashing because of this. I dislike this so much that I've thought about switching platforms (most probably Windows Phone) because Apple won't concede that we need more RAM in our devices, it's quite annoying.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The thing is I find 1gb of ram on my android device enough and things don't crash on me, not sure if that's an iOS thing then ?