Questions about the xperia Z3

I was looking to buy this phone and I would like to know about a few things first (Having never used android before)

1- If i buy it with 4.4.4 kitkat will i be stuck with kitkat forever? I would rather not flash or root the phone because as far as i know i don't need root access.

2- I like the feature from the moto X that allows you to set a wake up command and you can say that whenever to wake the phone up, i know you can get this feature on other android devices however it slashes hours off your battery. I know that the reason the moto x can do it is because it has the snapdragon 801 processor which has a low power processor that is always listening out for the set command, if i were to install one of these programs that allows always listening would the Z3 be able to take advantage of that same processor?

3- Could i set a custom wake up phrase? It appears you can download moto voice on any android phone.

4- What is the real world screen time like? I have estimated i spend about 5 hours a day on low power games, Facebook messenger, whatsapp, the occasional text, some browsing and about half an hour of youtube video.

5- If i install the google now launcher on the phone will i have problems with the camera (I heard that when you root a Z3 the camera quality drops)

None of these individually would be deal breakers, however all together they might push me on to get a moto X instead. (I was originally going to get the moto X for the stock android experience however I saw that you can install the google now launcher.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

sony has lolli inc afaik.

it's a great phone.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Sony have big grait phones but for me the android os is just bad it buggest too fast and too much but the phone itself is quide good

I didn't know what to put here...

I used google now luncher for the first week and had no issues at all with the camera. I took it off as it was no faster/slower than the stock launcher.

There is meant to be an update to android 5 coming out early 2015.
The xperia Z3 has the same 801 spandragon cpu so battery life should just as good with the always listening thing.
as for the screen on time, I'm not a heavy user so can't help you in that area.

I have a xperia Z3 (had it about a month so far)
It's a great phone and i'm very happy with it.
that said I wise it had wireless charging. I don't like having to open the flap to charge it al the time.
(you can get magnetic charging cable or dock that solves this problem).

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

I used google now luncher for the first week and had no issues at all with the camera. I took it off as it was no faster/slower than the stock launcher.

There is meant to be an update to android 5 coming out early 2015.

The xperia Z3 has the same 801 spandragon cpu so battery life should just as good with the always listening thing.

as for the screen on time, I'm not a heavy user so can't help you in that area.

I have a xperia Z3 (had it about a month so far)

It's a great phone and i'm very happy with it.

that said I wise it had wireless charging. I don't like having to open the flap to charge it al the time.

(you can get magnetic charging cable or dock that solves this problem).

Ah, the 5.0 thing was the main reason, do you have to buy a Z3 with android L already installed or can you update it yourself without the risk of bricking the phone.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

you can update it yourself. I have already had 1 update for it already, but had to connect to my pc to do the date.
hopefully the next will android 5 :)

Their is always a risk when flashing/updating a phone (iphone or android). you can minimise the risk buy closing all apps running in background and making sure the battery is fully charged.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Thanks.