Should I get a Wii U?

Stigs

Just to get something straight, the PSN is free to use, you don't need to pay a subscription fee nor buy cards like Xbox Live. There is a PS Plus subscription service which gives you some advantages (online save files, discounted and free games, etc) but it is not required to use the Playstation Network. You can play online, browse the store, and use some PS special apps (PS Home and some others) for free. As far as I know, Xbox is the only console with mandatory subscription fee for online playing.

Are you sure of this? From what I know only some services like twitch are free, not online play. What you were describing would be the ps3. Am I wrong?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm almost about to get one because of the new Zelda game coming out soon. I really want to play it.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

Are you sure of this? From what I know only some services like twitch are free, not online play. What you were describing would be the ps3. Am I wrong?

My bad, you are entirely correct. You need to have a PS+ membership if you want to play online multiplayer (not for turn-based games though). For me this is not a welcome move from Sony... It might not be THAT bad if you consider that you get free games every month (Infamous First Light is the PS4 free game in Jan). 

I am already considering not buying a PS4, but that would depend almost entirely on whether we get FFXV and KH3 released for PC. I usually don't play multiplayer games on my console, so the PS+ requirement might not stop me from buying the PS4, but it is a nasty move from Sony nonetheless... We'll have to see how it plays out.

My bad, you are entirely correct. You need to have a PS+ membership if you want to play online multiplayer (not for turn-based games though). For me this is not a welcome move from Sony... It might not be THAT bad if you consider that you get free games every month (Infamous First Light is the PS4 free game in Jan). 

Some people argue that the free games make up for it, but personally I disagree. Online play should be free, and THEN if you want you should be able to pay something monthly to get some free games. As a primarily pc gamer, the reason i would buy a console would be 3 or 4 party games to play with friends or family on the couch while having a laugh, meaning the system should be as cheap as possible and that I don't particularly care for hardcore singleplayer games to play on it. That's why I own an original wii; it was cheaper than both competitors by a fairly big margin and offered exactly what I wanted without any extra complications or sub fees for the times when I felt like playing some mario kart but had no friends over and resorted to online play. The wii u offers precisely that now, and that is why I feel it is the only current generation console that makes any sense.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

having a load of friends

now guess why I don't have a wii 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Was skeptical about it when my girlfriend bought it, but man did it bring back enjoyment I havent felt since the 90s. Nothing beats ridiculing your friend during a match of smash or mario kart in person. Definitely worth the money if you can play with friends in person or just enjoy nintendo games in general.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

They've also recently added Wii games to download on the eShop so that's another reason to grab a Wii U. I don't know about prices outside of Australia but so far they've put Super Mario Galaxy 2 on there for $13AU, "regularly" $26. Which isn't that bad at all. I had a pretty extensive Wii library so it's not that big a deal to me but the ability to get some games like the Metroid Prime Trilogy or maybe even get something like Xenoblade including full off-TV play? I mean that's pretty good. Especially for $13.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Wii U has tons of great exclusives, I have one and I love playing Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, monster hunter 3, Smash, and Mario Kart 8, for example.

Compared to the other next gen consoles, it has the most games too