Gpu recomendations

hajsveen

Cheapest gpu that can play most games on high?

And the best cpu with the gpu?

NEEVS

R9 270(x) and i3 is the cheapest to run most games on high 1080p.

If you wanna step up, 280(x) and locked i5 (4460). 

Even further, locked i5 or 4690k and R9 290(x)/970.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Completely new PC, or do you have stuff you'll re-use?

Also, budget and location plz.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

750 Ti and that one Pentium processor that was in one of Linus' latest videos

Or R7 260X or something.. Or R9 270.. What's the budget?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Completely new PC, or do you have stuff you'll re-use?

Also, budget and location plz.

Just want a very cheap media center for my games. That i can connect to the tv and use as a console with xbox360 controllers. The whole buildbudget is $400-$500.

And its gonna be new

NEEVS

Depends on panel(s) and budget. For low budget and 1080p, 270x can run most games on high with AA x2/Off

I am sorry for my english.

Just want a very cheap media center for my games. That i can connect to the tv and use as a console with xbox360 controllers. The whole buildbudget is $400-$500.

And its gonna be new

A g3528 and a 265 or 270/270x will be enough then.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Okay, my research suggests this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Gbb9XL. It's at $430, the case is missing, as I feel this is too personal.

Regarding the build: the 500W PSU allows you to hold either low end cards, or even the uber gtx 970, if you ever feel the need for it. In fact, the CPU was also chosen with that in mind: look the huge FPS the i3 can get when paired with the worst 970 version available! I really don't know much about low end GPUs, so it might be worth going for a R9 270 (X) instead, but I settled with the R7 260x due to a friend's recommendation. In fact, the brand of choice was based on that as well.

Other stuff missing: peripherals such as keyboard, mouse, monitor and a xbox360 adapter. And the OS.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Okay, my research suggests this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Gbb9XL. It's at $430, the case is missing, as I feel this is too personal.

Regarding the build: the 500W PSU allows you to hold either low end cards, or even the uber gtx 970, if you ever feel the need for it. In fact, the CPU was also chosen with that in mind: look the huge FPS the i3 can get when paired with the worst 970 version available! I really don't know much about low end GPUs, so it might be worth going for a R9 270 (X) instead, but I settled with the R7 260x due to a friend's recommendation. In fact, the brand of choice was based on that as well.

Other stuff missing: peripherals such as keyboard, mouse, monitor and a xbox360 adapter. And the OS.

Everything there is pretty good but the gpu choice is not really optimal. For a couple buck more you can get a r9 270 or a 280 which will still be under 500$.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Everything there is pretty good but the gpu choice is not really good. For a couple buck more you can get a r9 270 or a 280 which will still be under 500$.

Maybe. I'm not really into the low end. I also wanted to give some room for a super expensive case... because why not?

Also, you might want to wait for CES. Gtx 960 should show up there.

Maybe. I'm not really into the low end. I also wanted to give some room for a super expensive case... because why not?

Also, you might want to wait for CES. Gtx 960 should show up there.

Well op just going to use it as a console and play game on the tv with an xbox controller so i don't think a expensive case is needed. Something compact and look decent like a nzxt source 210 will do the job perfectly. This is my take on the full build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pchcVn with the case. Total cost is  $498.55 this should easily play game on high-ultra setting at 1080p

750 Ti and that one Pentium processor that was in one of Linus' latest videos

Or R7 260X or something.. Or R9 270.. What's the budget?

His latest vid was with a R7 260:

The 750ti is not a good buy compared to the amd cards at that price point (unless you're psu doesnt have any pci power cables at all)

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

His latest vid was with a R7 260:

-YouTube link-

The 750ti is not a good buy compared to the amd cards at that price point (unless you're psu doesnt have any pci power cables at all)

Yeah, I knew I got the card name wrong..

The AMD cards are indeed better at that price point, but some people just really want Nvidia, so gave an AMD and Nvidia GPU.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/