Best monitor under 300$

badogski29

So I am currently looking for another monitor as a main display for ps3 and pc and having my benq gw2250 as a secondary display.

I need the following requirements:

-Has hdmi, dvi and an audio out. 

-at least 1080p

-IPS

I have done some research and only the Asus PB238q fits my requirements. Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

audio out .. ????

why

ur pc has that

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Connect PS3 via HDMI to monitor and then go into the PS3's setting to set the audio output to the AV Multi Out. Then connect the White and Red RCA to your stereo/speakers.

You wont be happy with the audio you get out of the speakers from a monitor they pretty much suck.

If you can live with the above I would get a Dell Ultrasharp.

Dell Ultrasharp U2412M

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz EK watercooled || SLI GTX680 EK watercooled || MSI Z77A-GD65 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP || Crusial M4 128GB SSD || 1TB WD Green || Silverstone TJ07 || Corsair AX750 || Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM || Beyerdynamic DT 990 250Ω || Asus Xonar Essence STX || Logitech Z906 || QPad Mk80 || SteelSeries Sensei || 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator

^ no hdmi bro, those ultrasharps was my first plan. As much as possible, i wanna avoid having too much adapters. And what i meant about the audio out is the 3.5mm jacks, i dont care about speakers. Thanks tho any other suggestion? I'll have those dell monitor in my list.

audio out .. ????

why

ur pc has that

I wont use the audio out for my pc. Its for my ps3.

While looking in another topic I found this, should fit all your needs.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz EK watercooled || SLI GTX680 EK watercooled || MSI Z77A-GD65 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP || Crusial M4 128GB SSD || 1TB WD Green || Silverstone TJ07 || Corsair AX750 || Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM || Beyerdynamic DT 990 250Ω || Asus Xonar Essence STX || Logitech Z906 || QPad Mk80 || SteelSeries Sensei || 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator

^ that's freaking sexy, thanks mate! 

I now have three choices

1.pb238q

2.u2312hm

3.h236hl

No, the monitor is not sexy.. maybe Linus is, as that is what it reflects.

Glossy monitors sucks. Reflects everything. And this Acer monitor doesn't have height adjustable.

^ Well i thought it was matte. Plus the bezel is kinda nice. I might just get that asus.

There is also the asus mx239h it has 2 hdmi no dvi, but has audio out. For the price though I feel the pb238q would be a better value.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310&Tpk=mx239h&IsVirtualParent=1

• 4 weeks later...