Single 4k or dual 1440p?

derpyhooves25

I'm in the market for a new monitor/monitors and I'm not sure what to get. I can get dual 1440p monitors for around the same price as a single 4k monitor but still not sure if it's worth it. I'll be running the monitor(s) on dial gtx 970s and will be using them for video editing. Movie watching and gaming(for gaming I'll just use one monitor) and homework such as essays. I like to have stuff spread out sometimes and have iTunes and gpu tweak open at the same time. So what would be better? I live in new Zealand no have budget of $1000

Single 4k and use your current monitor as a secondary monitor if you need it.

I recommend Dell P2715Q - 4k 60Hz IPS 27" for $699 (assuming you live in America).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

multi monitor >>> single 4K

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I know video editors at my uni love dual monitors for their productivity.

edit: plus for video games and stuff just use one monitor for game, second for YouTube, team speak, stuff.

I recommend Dell P2715Q - 4k 60Hz IPS 27" for $699 (assuming you live in America).

damn i wish they sold that one in Australia, I'm planning on getting the P2415Q because it's the only IPS display available here, a bit worried about it being too small though

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I live in new Zealand so that is very expensive for me. Budget is around $1000 and under

I know video editors at my uni love dual monitors for their productivity.

edit: plus for video games and stuff just use one monitor for game, second for YouTube, team speak, stuff.

Yeah that was my plan :)

I just recently bought a 4k for video editing and graphics design work and using my second 24inch 1080p as dual monitor.. So I take it go with that?  You need to have dual monitor. Which 1440p monitor you were thinking of getting?

4k and 1440p I'm still in 1080p land guys don't leave me :(. but seriously get 2 1440p monitors one for games other for YouTube, Skype, Team Speak or [insert other thing you might use] I have 2 1080p panels and its da bomb

I just recently bought a 4k for video editing and graphics design work and using my second 24inch 1080p as dual monitor.. So I take it go with that?  You need to have dual monitor. Which 1440p monitor you were thinking of getting?

the 1440p monitors i'm planning on getting if i go that route is dual dell u2711 displays off ebay.