~2000 First Gaming Build - What Do You Think?

I've done some research for this build (OK quite a lot of research) and I would just like to know what you would think.  Please tell me what you think.

Edit: I guess you need the link:  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nbpwHx

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

I5-4690k, Sli 970's.

Forgot to mention what kinds of games I'd be playing:

FPS like CoD, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed

Open World Games:  Minecraft, Skyrim

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

Forgot to mention what kinds of games I'd be playing:

FPS like CoD, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed

Open World Games:  Minecraft, Skyrim

Again i5-4690k because the threads are stil useless for gaming except for maybe BF4. SLI 970 a bit more expensive but more FPS also what res is your monitor.

...and as far as the i5 vs the i7.  If your budget allows the extra $100... that HT on the i7 is not gonna hurt you.

...and as far as the i5 vs the i7. If your budget allows the extra $100... that HT on the i7 is not gonna hurt you.

How about you edit your post so we dont have 5?

All of your post are useless money wasting, supernova NEX is a discontinued PSU so he should then get a EVGA G2 750W. The MX100 SSD is fine and a 295x2 is overkill for anything without a lot of monitors or high res. also yeah that RAM is indeed better because it is cheaper.

i see nothing wrong with the build

it def a balanced build

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i see nothing wrong with the build

it def a balanced build

True but for gaming would you buy a i7? Or a 980 vs SLI 970's

well true the 4690K will be enough, but 2k budget is a lot to play with

and he going for 1440P gaming and later G-Sync gaming

single 980 can power a 1440P nicely without the SLi scaling troubles on the 970s

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

well true the 4690K will be enough, but 2k budget is a lot to play with

and he going for 1440P gaming and later G-Sync gaming

single 980 can power a 1440P nicely without the SLi scaling troubles on the 970s

A fuuuuuuu I missed the monitor derp didn't check the final sum. Lol okey so yeah 980 might be better but still HT is a useless feature in gaming which costs him ~50 dollar

A fuuuuuuu I missed the monitor derp didn't check the final sum. Lol okey so yeah 980 might be better but still HT is a useless feature in gaming which costs him ~50 dollar

Why useless?  This build is gonna last years.  If the budget allows for the extra bit of money, who knows what the user will be doing six months down the road.  If "Bioshock Infinite +1" comes out next year with the ability to make use of those extra threads, this user will probably enjoy the performance boost from the i7 enough to be worth it... and then will want to make a series of videos to show his in game awesomeness... and then start mixing audio track volumes...you get the idea.  The answer to your question is a question:  Why not?

Why useless?  This build is gonna last years.  If the budget allows for the extra bit of money, who knows what the user will be doing six months down the road.  If "Bioshock Infinite +1" comes out next year with the ability to make use of those extra threads, this user will probably enjoy the performance boost from the i7 enough to be worth it... and then will want to make a series of videos to show his in game awesomeness... and then start mixing audio track volumes...you get the idea.  The answer to your question is a question:  Why not?

Because he has a 2000 dollar budget and is already over it so I try to keep it under the max cost what he has given us, if he can well yeah he could spend it on the 4790k. To be honest I wouldn't have bought a 100 dollar Fan CPU cooler, whatever people say it being the best brand or whatever for that price I would start looking at AIO or not pay that much. For now it is still useless games since they are not even using much more then a few cores, so HT will not soon become a thing in gaming. Therefore I think it still is a waste of money. If you really need the cores and you are on this kind of budget then maybe start looking at the 2011 platform IMO, but maybe that is just me.

Because he has a 2000 dollar budget and is already over it so I try to keep it under the max cost what he has given us, if he can well yeah he could spend it on the 4790k. To be honest I wouldn't have bought a 100 dollar Fan CPU cooler, whatever people say it being the best brand or whatever for that price I would start looking at AIO or not pay that much. For now it is still useless games since they are not even using much more then a few cores, so HT will not soon become a thing in gaming. Therefore I think it still is a waste of money. If you really need the cores and you are on this kind of budget then maybe start looking at the 2011 platform IMO, but maybe that is just me.

I completely get what you are saying.  You are not wrong at all.  When I look at it, if that budget really needed to be under $2000... It can be, with i7 in there of course.