Anybody else having this issue with youtube?

PhegMan

Hey everyone,

Latley I have been having an issue with youtube, whenever I start a video it goes through all the quality options and blanks them all out so the video wont play. I have tried having the option to automatically load 240p on and off but it makes no difference. I have updated flash player and video drivers which doesn't seem to help. Before this happened, I would have a similar problem occasionally but a refresh of the page would fix it, and if it is of any relevance, sometimes when I play a video in 1080p everything would go green and pixelated as if it wasnt a support codec or something.

Is anyone else having issues anything like this and does anybody have a solution?

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

which browser and OS?

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

which browser and OS?

Firefox (21.0) and Win8 64bit

Heres a screenshot:

Youtube Issue

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

Try using a different browser? (Firefox/Chrome are the best)

Thanks, chrome works. I will wait a while and see if its just a compatibility issue that youtube or mozilla may fix

Yea I've had that issue lately also and I'm on chrome. Sometime blocks out 480, 720, and 1080. Simple page refresh makes it work again but still quite annoying. It seems the only thing that ever works on youtube is the ads. Know where their priorities are. I also don't like that you can't right click and stop download anymore it's just not there.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

*Try killing flash player process tree via the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc > right click > end process tree), then restarting firefox

*Try emptying the cache of firefox (other people recommmend deleting history cookies etc., but i don't think that necessary)

*Cache clear firefox: Tools > Options > advanced > Network Tab. Hit both "clear now" buttons

*Check your internet/router connection.  I've had youtube downgrade vid quality because of connection degradation.

*In the past when I've had problems with Flash, I completely uninstalled Flash with RevoUninstaller, then installing the most recent version

*I remember hearing a problem about how out-of-date intel graphics drivers have issues with flash player. you may want to look into that if all else fails.

yep i have that issue here too

what do u expect its youtube

they always screw things up

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yea I've had that issue lately also and I'm on chrome. Sometime blocks out 480, 720, and 1080. Simple page refresh makes it work again but still quite annoying.

It's happened for me a couple times as well on Firefox. refreshing made it work for me as well.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Happens to me on firefox aswell. Refreshing fixes it. Funnily enough doesn't seem to happen on IE, for me anyway.

Everything went wrong on youtube since Google bought it

Never had this problem. yesterday they removed the pop-out and stop download features which I used a lot though :(. The stop download feature was removed because they're using a smart caching feature which stops buffering when you pause a video (doesn't always work anyway), but that doesn't stop the video from taking up precious memory and slowing the browser down when you have several open and I have no idea what advantage taking away the option has.

Also, ever since they switched to the new layout several months ago most times when I try to use the seek bar the video starts buffering all over again, even if the video was already completely buffered.