The LTT browser addon

Hangfire

Is the browser addon artificially inflating the user count on the site?  I was just curious..

Neither the Firefox nor the Chrome addon create new users, but they will cause an increase in the "concurrent online user" count. However, that's fine really because most of the users of the addons will be semi-online most of the time (able to respond to PMs and such).

HTTP/2 203

At least the Chrome extension's AJAX calls do not count towards the online users; Just tested it out—Left LTT on all browsers to ensure my user was not on with a real active session, then monitored the online user's list on a hidden device. My username would not show up, even though I have the extension running.

Cheers,

Linus

At least the Chrome extension's AJAX calls do not count towards the online users; Just tested it out—Left LTT on all browsers to ensure my user was not on with a real active session, then monitored the online user's list on a hidden device. My username would not show up, even though I have the extension running.

Hmmm on Firefox I'm using the API and at least for me, I show up as online, "Viewing page: api"

6c0eccf912.png

And I can confirm that a user that I know leaves their browser running with the Firefox notifier on remains online all the time.

HTTP/2 203

Hmmm on Firefox I'm using the API and at least for me, I show up as online, "Viewing page: api"

6c0eccf912.png

And I can confirm that a user that I know leaves their browser running with the Firefox notifier on remains online all the time.

Interesting. The most logical thing is for it to actually show up, but it doesn't seem to. It'll be easier to track once I transition over to the API; As all my calls still go to the home page, making it impossible to know if a user is actually just browsing the forum as normal, or the extension making calls.

Cheers,

Linus