Overclockers Insurance

bf314159
Go to solution Solved by fringie,

This isn't really answering your question buut still :P.

You don't really need overclocking insurance. As long as you keep the voltage below 1.35v and keep the CPU below 90c at the max (for me my max is 85c with intel burn test v2 which is the most CPU intensive stress test that I know of - avg 15c hotter than prime95) and as long as you don't fiddle around with the other motherboard voltages ((you can change your RAM voltage, if 1.5v DDR3 I think 1.65v is the safe zone, the max for me is 1.6v) which can give a gain for extreme overclocking but most people inc me don't fiddle around with it) you can't damage your CPU. Overclocking will shorten your CPU's lifespan but it'll still outlast your needs by a looooong looong time.

Hi so I bought an i7 4790k for my new build and saw that intel has overclocking insurance. I have already bought the processor so is it still possible to get the insurance? If so how would I go about using it (hopefully i won't have to but I am a newbe at overclocking) Thanks!!! Happy New Year!

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

The cpu is on my desk, haven't even opened it yet. Is it even possible mr. "/facepalm" if it isn't, just say so...I know it is a stupid question. http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/purchase-a-plan ????

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

This isn't really answering your question buut still :P.

You don't really need overclocking insurance. As long as you keep the voltage below 1.35v and keep the CPU below 90c at the max (for me my max is 85c with intel burn test v2 which is the most CPU intensive stress test that I know of - avg 15c hotter than prime95) and as long as you don't fiddle around with the other motherboard voltages ((you can change your RAM voltage, if 1.5v DDR3 I think 1.65v is the safe zone, the max for me is 1.6v) which can give a gain for extreme overclocking but most people inc me don't fiddle around with it) you can't damage your CPU. Overclocking will shorten your CPU's lifespan but it'll still outlast your needs by a looooong looong time.

ok thanks! Good advice!! Forget the insurance than. That is what i have found when i was researching to learn how to overclock.Happy New Year!