Which case to go for?

havok2191

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good case (not too expensive ~100-150)I already have a Corsair H110 which I want to use with that so I'm looking for an appropriate case that wont gouge me for price. I was looking at the CoolerMaster HAF XB and the Fractal Design XL R2. I would keep the CoolerMaster HAF XB in a test bench setup - basically anything thats compatible with H110 without doing any mods unless its really easy (I have a drill but not too good with it). The problem is if I go with the HAF XB then I wont have the option of getting the Rampage IV Extreme (EATX mobo) and I will end up going with the Rampage IV Formula which I hear is still quite ok. I am going to shoot for around 4.2-4.4 Ghz with the hexacore (whatever keeps the temps low) and I am running a GTX 780 SLI setup

Get the fractal, it's an all-around better case. Looks, silence, room, and a fairly low price tag for the quality you get.

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Just got the Fractal Design Define XL R2 myself, it's a great case.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

corsair 600T. old case(ish) but by far my favorite i ever owned!

or you could go with the crappy nzxt switch 810 or any of nzxt's newer cases which all could accomadate that motherboard. I got the s810 when it came out (first nzxt case) and wasnt to pleased by the quality. Personal opinion i guess!

What about a CM storm trooper or storm Stryker?

cheap looking imo. comes down to preference i guess!