Best Gaming Headset?

Loxorz
Go to solution Solved by JujuShinobi,

Do you think Turtle Beach Z6A is good? :)  a little cheaper than I planned but that doesn't hurt :P  

OH NO DON'T! Linus has said it multiple times in multiple videos, having multiple speakers in a headphone is ridiculous because you only have 2 ears and at that range, it will not make a difference. Plus, you are also sacrificing driver size means the sound quality will be very bad. Since your price is around the Z6A, get Sennheiser HD 439 and the mod mic or get a Logitech Desktop Microphone. Sennheiser HD 439 can also be used for mobile so it would be a better option. Plus I have no clue why Z6A needs USB power, its not needed at all. If you want to buy gaming products, I would not recommend Turtle Beach.

If you really want to get gaming headphones and want surround sound, Logitech G430. It as a 7.1 virtual surround sound USB card and are very comfortable. 

what headset do you guys think is the best for gaming? :)

what headset do you guys think is the best for gaming? :)

the ones that don't advertise themselves as being 'gaming' headsets

Well I would say it depends on what specific features you need and how much you are willing to pay.

On a whole however, "gaming headsets" aren't generally too good as you are much better off buying a qualiy pair of headphones with an alternative microphone. This is usualy the best value for money approach.

If you really want to look at gaming branded headsets however, I personally own the Siberia V2s and they are very comfy and have great positional sound but also check out the Razer headsets and the Logitech ones as they are some of the most common ones.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I personally own a logitech g930 and while it is ok, next time I would not fall for the "gaming headset" and get good set of sennheiser headphones

and a separate mic. That way you get the best sound with a mic that can come off / detach for the best of both worlds.  Combined however, this may cost more but the quality would be infinity better than what i experienced with the g930.  This was my experience anyways.

I would like to pay around 200$, wireless or not doesn't matter I just want great sound in my headphones :) Sennheiser headphones looks like a serious brand that I would be interested in :) but what specific headphones do you know is well rated? 

the best headset is a stax sr009 with a blue Hawaii amp and a mod mic

but that will run you ~$10,030.

the best around $200, imo is sennheiser hd598 and a mod mic or vocal mic.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I have LogiTech G35s and while they may not be very high end or new, they are very comfortable, reliable, and I really do like the drivers. The sound quality is on par with many more expensive headsets I have tried.  

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

the ones that don't advertise themselves as being 'gaming' headsets

True!

Hmm... Maybe Sennheiser HD 800s with a mod mic attachment?

Or you could just get some HD 558s with the mod mic as well. Don't forget to add a sound card

If you are going wireless Corsair Vengeance 2000

Nope get some Sennheiser RS for wireless

Do you think Turtle Beach Z6A is good? :)  a little cheaper than I planned but that doesn't hurt :P  

OH NO DON'T! Linus has said it multiple times in multiple videos, having multiple speakers in a headphone is ridiculous because you only have 2 ears and at that range, it will not make a difference. Plus, you are also sacrificing driver size means the sound quality will be very bad. Since your price is around the Z6A, get Sennheiser HD 439 and the mod mic or get a Logitech Desktop Microphone. Sennheiser HD 439 can also be used for mobile so it would be a better option. Plus I have no clue why Z6A needs USB power, its not needed at all. If you want to buy gaming products, I would not recommend Turtle Beach.

If you really want to get gaming headphones and want surround sound, Logitech G430. It as a 7.1 virtual surround sound USB card and are very comfortable.