Is the newer CM Hyper D92 better than CM Hyper EVO 212?

Soaked
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Welp mixed results, I'm lost now lol. Rifle bearing is supposed to last longer than Sleeve so based on that D92! But Evo 212 performs better in the other results... Idk what do you suggest?

The 212 Evo is hard to go wrong with. The noise factor is something that would deter me from the D92.

Replace the 212 Evo stock fan with a Hyperborea, profit

Rifle bearing is just "enhanced" sleeve bearing. The only big benefit is that allows the fan to be used horizontally without it wearing out a lot quicker then vertically like sleeve bearing fans do. 

Could probably just get a better cooler in that case.

Pretty sure the 212 Evo is better due to the larger heatsink and fans--didn't find any direct comparisons though.

The 200r would be better for airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Pretty sure the 212 Evo is better due to the larger heatsink and fans--didn't find any direct comparisons though.

The 200r would be better for airflow.

This guy in the beginning of this video said the D92 is supposed to be slightly better than the Evo 212. While I'm not sure hes right since I haven't finished watching the video, he does test it against the Evo 212 in the video.

Well I guess I'll return my Fractal Core 2500 and buy a Corsair 200R, thanks.

No. The 212 EVO, even the Plus, outperforms the D92. 

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2771&page=5

This guy in the beginning of this video said the D92 is supposed to be slightly better than the Evo 212. While I'm not sure hes right since I haven't finished watching the video, he does test it against the Evo 212 in the video.

It seems we have some mixed results. (from the video)

9b28974c9051e4a2dbe544a1b727d886.png

The D92 is definitely louder at load though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It seems we have some mixed results. (from the video)

9b28974c9051e4a2dbe544a1b727d886.png

The D92 is definitely louder at load though.

Welp mixed results, I'm lost now lol. Rifle bearing is supposed to last longer than Sleeve so based on that D92! But Evo 212 performs better in the other results... Idk what do you suggest?

Rifle bearing is just "enhanced" sleeve bearing. The only big benefit is that allows the fan to be used horizontally without it wearing out a lot quicker then vertically like sleeve bearing fans do. There is a slight noise and life benefit compared to standard sleeve bearing but it's not anywhere near as much of a difference as fluid/hydro dynamic bearing vs sleeve.

"Rawr XD"

The 212 Evo is hard to go wrong with. The noise factor is something that would deter me from the D92.

Rifle bearing is just "enhanced" sleeve bearing. The only big benefit is that allows the fan to be used horizontally without it wearing out a lot quicker then vertically like sleeve bearing fans do. 

Single 120 over dual 92 any day. One 92 will have to make a lot more noise due to higher RPMs then a 120 to give similar airflow

"Rawr XD"

^

For this build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HYF9XL

CM = Cooler Master

btw would a corsair 200r be better for my build?

Thank you

Just read the specs on your case and airflow seems okay....the 200R has a similar set up with one exception....you need to have grommets for the fans to mount into the large holes.  they send you enough in the goodies kit, but it still kind of irked me when we got the case. After he upgraded to a full tower, I ended up using the case for a HTPC build.  Insofar as your cooler....the Evo is a neat cooler that can hold its own.

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Just read the specs on your case and airflow seems okay....the 200R has a similar set up with one exception....you need to have grommets for the fans to mount into the large holes.  they send you enough in the goodies kit, but it still kind of irked me when we got the case. After he upgraded to a full tower, I ended up using the case for a HTPC build.  Insofar as your cooler....the Evo is a neat cooler that can hold its own.

Well the overall majority says Evo 212 so I guess I'll go with that lol. Same with 200R.

Thanks guys.

I have no idea which answer to mark solved, they all were very helpful lol

Well the overall majority says Evo 212 so I guess I'll go with that lol. Same with 200R.

You're deciding now? The list shows that the components are already purchased.

You're deciding now? The list shows that the components are already purchased.

Well honestly I already bought everything and everything already arrived yesterday but I held off opening because I was second guessing my decisions after watching some reviews mainly Linus's review on the Corsair 200R vs the Fractal Core 3500 (even though it's a different model it's the same series). Originally I ordered the D92 & Fractal 2500 but since there's a NCIX nearby I can make returns pretty easily, I'd just have to wait for my Corsair 200R to arrive to that store for pick-up to start building. Is the Corsair 200R worth an extra 9 bucks over the Core 2500? (It really seems like it is X.x)

Well honestly I already bought everything and everything already arrived yesterday but I held off opening because I was second guessing my decisions after watching some reviews mainly Linus's review on the Corsair 200R vs the Fractal Core 3500 (even though it's a different model it's the same series). Originally I ordered the D92 & Fractal 2500 but since there's a NCIX nearby I can make returns pretty easily, I'd just have to wait for my Corsair 200R to arrive to that store for pick-up to start building. Is the Corsair 200R worth an extra 9 bucks over the Core 2500? (It really seems like it is X.x)

They're.. different cases. The 200R is better but I'm not sure if it's worth spending more for. 

They're.. different cases. The 200R is better but I'm not sure if it's worth spending more for. 

Well, I'd rather spend an extra $20 on a better quality case since I'm going to be using it for at least 5 years anyways. I just assumed the Fractal Core 2500 & the Corsair 200R were the best cases in the price range.

Well, I'd rather spend an extra $20 on a better quality case since I'm going to be using it for at least 5 years anyways. I just assumed the Fractal Core 2500 & the Corsair 200R were the best cases in the price range.

It's up to you. Cases are mostly up to personal aesthetic preferences. 

It's up to you. Cases are mostly up to personal aesthetic preferences. 

For me, Price/Performance > Looks. I chose these cases with only value in mind, I really just wanted a case that would have great air flow, easy building and more room. Corsair 200R I think does that within the price range of a Fractal 2500. Plus the Fractal 2500 doesn't have stand-off screws built in.

For me, Price/Performance > Looks. I chose these cases with only value in mind, I really just wanted a case that would have great air flow, easy building and more room. Corsair 200R I think does that within the price range of a Fractal 2500. Plus the Fractal 2500 doesn't have stand-off screws built in.

If you're willing to spend more, get a s340.