Motherboard standoffs

ignorethisone

Hello again >.>. Having more issues (surprise). I got my pc to post, and am not putting it in my case (NZXT h440), but for some reason the holes in the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z97X gaming 3). It fits perfectly with the io sheild, but not the holes. I checked on the NZXT website and the motherboard is compatible. What am i doing wrong this time?

is it offset or too many/little standoffs?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Maybe you've to unscrew one of the standoffs so it fits.

Make sure it really sits as far to the left as possible. I did the same mistake when I put my MSI board into my 760T. I thought I had it lined up with my I/O shield, but actually it was just 1mm to much to the right.

It is offset

line up the middle one and that's it, like Senzelian said you are probably pushing it too far left.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Mhm, I know it may sound weird, but I recently built my own computer and it seemed like I had this problem too, but my "ATX" motherboard (the MSI Z97 PC Mate) had less holes than the number of ATX standoffs (6 holes).

You motherboard probably fits, you just got confused as I did with trying to line up the mobo holes with the standoffs.

Make sure it is well positioned on the IO shield and the middle.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

line up the middle one and that's it, like Senzelian said you are probably pushing it too far left.

The holes are offset to the left so to get it to fit I would have to push it more left (but i have no room).

Are you holding it upside down or backwards in any way and did you put the standoffs in the correct holes

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

OK i got it. It turns out that it was too far to the right. I assumed I didn't have to use much force to get it in the right spot, but i actually had to push it quite a bit. Thanks guys