Help me find a microphone from a Past Linus Video

ttpm15

I remember watched some video of linus unboxing a gaming headphone with a detachable microphone and for the life of me i can't find the name of the headphone.

The way that company implement detachable headphone is incredibly smart, the boom microphone is basically a module :

=(3.5mm plug into the PC ) ---------3.5mm detachable headphone cable------------(|boom microphone)-=(3.5mm headphone plug into the headphone)                                                     |

|

|

* <= the microphone

I'm looking for the microphone module ( or module along with the cable ) so i can use it with my existing headphone. 

p/s: if anyone know away for me to attach a microphone into my existing headphone, that would be awesome (my headphone have a 3.5mm detachable cable )

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Zalman-ZM-MIC-1-Standalone-Microphone-Gaming-Chat3-5mm-High-Sensitivity-Mic-Clip-/321127469908?pt=US_Computer_Microphones&hash=item4ac4b05354&_uhb=1

this dude accepted my offer of $7. see how low he goes. I should be receiving it today, pretty quick shipping. 

you can do this if you wan to get creative. 

or just buy a modmic

zm-mic1

If the OP is fine with it, that would be the best choice.

The thing is not a modmic.The ZM1 is pretty close to what i am looking for but still not it. 

how about a vmoda boom mic although I highly doubt linus did any video featuring a vmoda or this mic option

pr_boompro_middle_m-100_folded_texture.j

edit: its called a V-moda BoomPro mic

edit2: also received my $7 zalman and currently messing with it

edit3: after seeing the BoomPro mic that picture you drew makes more sense... at first I didn't know wtf you were trying to draw

@Aphexx thats it, i'm pretty sure that is what i saw linus covered ( or something really close to it ) 

Hows the $7 zalman microphone quality ? 

for the life of me i couldn't find the v-moda boommic ( probably not in production yet. ). If anyone know anything like the V-Moda boommic, please let me know. 

going from the microphone from my corsair vengeance 2000 to the zalman out of 15 people I talked to last night only 2 noticed anything and one of the 2 has reduced hearing in one ear. 

I forgot to turn on fans around me full blast to see if it picked up room noise more. 

for $7 bucks its definitely worth having even like me to keep in a drawer in case my main option goes down. also $7 is the high range who knows how low the guy will go

edit looks like some random from their facebook page managed to get a boompro. might ask a question there to see how to order if you are serious about getting a boompro mic