Build Quality of G710+?

EnormousGnome

Hey guys,

Basically, I'm making this thread because I'm just curious on the build quality and typing experience of the Logitech G710+. I would like to know the view point of someone pretty picky about their mechanical keyboards because I'm also one of those people. Judging by the look and Linus' unboxing, it's made out of plastic and looks pretty flimsy.

Thanks guys.

Hi there. I personally own a G710+ and the build quality is great.  I find the key switches great for both typing and gaming.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

It's not in anyway flimsy.

Does it feel as solid as a hdd? No.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I own, but longer use a G710+

Yes, it's plastic (glossy and matte). It's actually very sturdy and requires excessive force to warp. The extremely narrow wrist rest took some time to adjust to.

I don't really have much else to say as it was my first mechanical keyboard. A few of the LEDs became dim and started flickering; apparently it's a common problem.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

its not flimsy, but it no solid piece of steel. 

One issue that is present on some of the G710+ keyboards is key caps breaking off...  Also LED life, but I think is a common problem among most Cherry backlit boards. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

its not flimsy, but it no solid piece of steel. 

One issue that is present on some of the G710+ keyboards is key caps breaking off...  Also LED life, but I think is a common problem among most Cherry backlit boards. 

I own, but longer use a G710+

Yes, it's plastic (glossy and matte). It's actually very sturdy and requires excessive force to warp. The extremely narrow wrist rest took some time to adjust to.

I don't really have much else to say as it was my first mechanical keyboard. A few of the LEDs became dim and started flickering; apparently it's a common problem.

It's not in anyway flimsy.

Does it feel as solid as a hdd? No.

Hi there. I personally own a G710+ and the build quality is great.  I find the key switches great for both typing and gaming.

Thanks guys. :)

I used the G710+ for a little while, the build on it is by no means flimsy. Logitech is pretty good about making some quality peripherals

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |