Rhythm Games / BEMANI Thread

wjdobie

Have we Any BEMANI Fans on LTT?

Bemani_series_logo.png

For those that don't know, BEMANI is KONAMI's Rhythm game music division, and the series that brought the world Dance Dance Revolution. However BEMANI Includes a whole range of other rhythm games that have never been released outside of Japan: (Click links for Wikipedia Pages and spoilers for a picture)

• Beatmania IIDX - DJ Simulation game with 7 buttons and a Turntable. Sequel to Beatmania, the first BEMANI Game (1997) Think DJ Hero, but a quadrillion times better (and more Japanese)
    1-110QP939250-L.jpg
  • Dance Dance Revolution (Dancing Stage in EU until 2009) - Dancing Simulation Game, Unreleased outside of asia since 2011 (My Personal Favourite)
    Dance_Dance_Revolution_North_American_ar
  • Guitar Freaks (XG) & Drum Mania (XG) - Guitar and Drum simulation games. Date back way before Rock Band & Guitar Hero. (1998 & 1999 Respectively)
    screenshot_3.jpg
  • Jubeat - 4x4 grid of buttons in front of a screen. (2008) also available on the App Store as 'jukebeat' outside of Japan.
    Jubeat.jpg
  • Reflec Beat - Touch screen, think pong, but with music. (2010) also available on the App Store as ‘Reflec Beat Plus' outside of Japan 
    20110112142805860.jpg
  • Sound Voltex - Similar to beatmania, 6 buttons, two 'knobs'. (2012)
    1379086643213.jpg

How many of you have played any of these BEMANI Games? If so, at what level?

As for myself, I am best at DDR, I can Pass Several Level 15 Songs. I have also played Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, jubeat and Reflec Beat.

If this thread sees some Interest I'll add some more information and discussion topics - however these games are not as popular as they once were, but if you see any of them, I would recommend you try them. Some are easier to pick up than others, but all are incredibly fun. 

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I just bought Crypt of the Necrodancer and I've been playing a lot of it. It's really great fun and the soundtrack is awesome, I highly recommend it. I've played a little OSU, Audiosurf and Guitar Hero, but not a huge amount.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I just bought Crypt of the Necrodancer and I've been playing a lot of it. It's really great fun and the soundtrack is awesome, I highly recommend it. I've played a little OSU, Audiosurf and Guitar Hero, but not a huge amount.

I Haven't heard of that one, I'll check it out!

It looks interesting - certainly unique to anything I have seen haha

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Does Rocksmith count?

Is that the one for learning to play Guitar? Its another interesting one, but yeah I guess!

Only one person played Osu!... why?!?!?

Oops I forgot to add myself to that one - I have only played once...