My build | 5930K / GTX980 / Carbide Air 540

_API

Hey guys!

Just joined the forum! Been watching Linus' videos for a while though... Built my beast one week ago, though I'd share the pictures with you enthusiasts here!

I am planning on getting 2 EVGA GTX 980's with the standard cooler to replace my Strix. It just looks sicker.

Anyways, enjoy! (And give me some feedback on where to improve)

ArMnCXP.jpg

cQraNyW.jpg

9L9hiMA.jpg

9B8CV5k.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the last photo. I have ordered a DSLR, and will shoot some new pictures when it arrives  :P

i7 5930K 6-core @ 4.3GHz | Gigabyte X99-Gaming G1 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 | Asus Strix GTX 980 | 1TB Samsung 850 SSD & 2TB WD Black HDD | Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Pictures

Welcome! Yeah, the last picture is ruining the mood of a nice new build. If you have more money, get matching fans, as the rear fan is the stock 540 fan. Also, cable sleeving makes any build look more nice.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Please post in the 540 thread too!

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Please post in the 540 thread too!

Will do!

Welcome! Yeah, the last picture is ruining the mood of a nice new build. If you have more money, get matching fans, as the rear fan is the stock 540 fan. Also, cable sleeving makes any build look more nice.

I have no idea what is the size of the rear fan  :o  otherwise I'd get a matching fan. Will get some HXi cables sleeved ASAP!

i7 5930K 6-core @ 4.3GHz | Gigabyte X99-Gaming G1 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 | Asus Strix GTX 980 | 1TB Samsung 850 SSD & 2TB WD Black HDD | Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Pictures

they are the stock fans, its just because you can see the labels on the front fans on the inside

I have this case

Looking for a job

@_API

Damn that's a powerful rig. *wistful admiration, tears gathering* Don't get the ACX ones though, if you're referring to those and not NVTTM. EVGA uses these really ghetto chokes for their standard cards that I suspect are the culprit behind most of the coil whine.

Which camera did you buy?

Will do!

I have no idea what is the size of the rear fan  :o  otherwise I'd get a matching fan. Will get some HXi cables sleeved ASAP!

they are all 140mm fans

Looking for a job

they are all 140mm fans

From a quick glance, the back one seems the same size as the standard ones that come in the front. I replaced all original fans (even the H100i's) with Corsair AF120 LED. So 140 is the standard fan size?

Pictures

@_API

Damn that's a powerful rig. *wistful admiration, tears gathering* Don't get the ACX ones though, if you're referring to those and not NVTTM. EVGA uses these really ghetto chokes for their standard cards that I suspect are the culprit behind most of the coil whine.

Which camera did you buy?

Thanks  :P

I bought the Canon 1200D, still have time to change it since it hasn't been shipped. Amazon UK is so late in their holiday shipping to Portugal  :o

Any better suggestion?  :rolleyes:

Pictures

they are the stock fans, its just because you can see the labels on the front fans on the inside

I have this case

Oh and the labels are because I accidentally set my fans to pull instead of push in the H100i cooler. I can't be bothered to change it. CPU doesn't go over 35º while overclocked and playing Microsoft Flight Sim X  :wub:

Pictures

Thanks  :P

I bought the Canon 1200D, still have time to change it since it hasn't been shipped. Amazon UK is so late in their holiday shipping to Portugal  :o

Any better suggestion?  :rolleyes:

Oh I know next to nothing about what cameras are good and which ones are bad...I was just wondering :D

1200D...hmmm...seems to be comparable to the D3200/D5200...I don't know, I have a Nikon D7000. With these beginner cameras I don't think it matters too much which one you buy...personally I find that mastery of manual focus and skilled Lightroom usage will take you way farther than a beginner DSLR that's twice the price but is still a beginner's DSLR...

my friends who are pro at photography tell me that they wish they'd given Nikon a look because Nikon's shutter sound is sexier than Canon's :P

Oh I know next to nothing about what cameras are good and which ones are bad...I was just wondering :D

1200D...hmmm...seems to be comparable to the D3200/D5200...I don't know, I have a Nikon D7000. With these beginner cameras I don't think it matters too much which one you buy...personally I find that mastery of manual focus and skilled Lightroom usage will take you way farther than a beginner DSLR that's twice the price but is still a beginner's DSLR...

Will wait for the 1200D then  ;)

Pictures