h80i and h100i whitch one is best

[h=5]I am thinking on buying H80i, is it worth removing my 200mm on top to change into H100i?[/h]

cause the temp graphs isn't showing any big change when it is compared to h80i and h100i.

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

Linus compared the two in a video recently and the answer was that the H100i destroys H80i.

Here is the video so you can see the numbers for yourself. The H100i will also still be pulling air into your case or extracting it depending on how you configure it so you will be get airflow benefit as well as the cooling power of your CPU.

Hope this helps!

Linus did a great video on this:

What case are you using? If I know that I might be able to help better answer your question (if the video doesn't answer for me :))

H100i is going to be the better option due to having a larger radiator, I have a H100 and it's great. Could not recommend it enough!

It depends on how much heat you need to manage. Only at very high overclocks or heat outputs will the h100 show its worth.

the difference on prices on the NCIX website is about 10$ so if your case supports dual 120mm fans then just get the h100! when it comes to cooling the more surface area the better! also the NZXT kraken will be coming out soon and since it will be a dual 140mm fan support it will have more surface area so possibly even better cooling! have fun over clocking :)

H100i over H80i any day!

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

h100i is the better of the two. The only reason to consider the h80i imo is if you do not have space to mount a dual 120mm rad

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

h100i by a long shot as it is bigger and if u can fit it in your case go for it, also i hear from people the fans are loud so u might want to pic up some quite ones Good luck XD

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

You should pick the h100i with some corsair sp quite edition fans. Best combo!

always h100, or any other 240mm solution, never sigle rads cuz even air cooling is better (the high end stuff at least like silver arrow or noctua)

There is another benchmark which suggests that the NZXT series completely dominate the Corsair line up, quire considerably. It also showed that the H80i beat the H100i, but, to be honest, the difference is very minimal, if it's easier for you to go with the H80i, it will still perform brilliantly and you should be happy with the temps you get.

Anandtech showed that the H80i was better than the H100i, contradicting Linus' results. I wonder if some of that had to do with the fact that Linus put the same Noctua fans onto the radiators he tested, whereas Anandtech just used the ones that came with the units (IIRC). I can't wait to see the results Linus gets from the Krakens.

Anandtech showed that the H80i was better than the H100i' date=' contradicting Linus' results. I wonder if some of that had to do with the fact that Linus put the same Noctua fans onto the radiators he tested, whereas Anandtech just used the ones that came with the units (IIRC). I can't wait to see the results Linus gets from the Krakens.[/quote']

The H80i has a thicker RAD, therefore greater surface area to act upon, so really the difference is minimal, combined with the tighter dimensions for the water, ( faster flow rate etc ) it goes some way to explain why it could out perform the H100i.

If you have the space for a 240mm radiator, then get the H100i. It will really show it's strength at higher overclocks and the price difference isn't very much if I remember correctly.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Anandtech showed that the H80i was better than the H100i' date=' contradicting Linus' results. I wonder if some of that had to do with the fact that Linus put the same Noctua fans onto the radiators he tested, whereas Anandtech just used the ones that came with the units (IIRC). I can't wait to see the results Linus gets from the Krakens.[/quote'] The H80i has a thicker RAD, therefore greater surface area to act upon, so really the difference is minimal, combined with the tighter dimensions for the water, ( faster flow rate etc ) it goes some way to explain why it could out perform the H100i.

Anandtech's results were flawed I think, the H100i still has much more surface are in all and in testing with full load the H100i way out performs the H80i, its at 50% load and non overclocked that they look similar.

H100i > H80i (Y) Just make sure your case fits it.