PC freezes before BIOS splash screen or at it.

Go to solution Solved by trojto,

I am so pissed .... was really looking forward to play some new games ... btw i returned the card and got my money back. Wont by buying anything new for a few months ... gonna save some more money and get a better card .... :) 

Thanks for the replies ...

Hi guyz i have a serious problem with my new GPU ( MSI GTX 750ti gaming)

Whenever i plug it in my PC freezes before the BIOS splash screen. And before i updated the BIOS it froze at the splash screen and i couldnt do anything.it was not repsonding.

But when i plug in my old gpu pc works just fine.Its a fairly new setup with the following specs. Any help will be appreciated.

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming    (BIOS VERSION 22.1) It has click BIOS 4
CPU:              AMD 8320E

RAM:             ADATA 8Gb 2133Mhz (2x4Gb)

HDD:             Western digital black 1Tb

PSU:              600W (85 plus) 

- 2x Noctua NF-12 premium fans ( brown poop ones :D )

- Corsair h80i AIO cooling kit (includes 2x fans,pump and a radiator)

- 1x RED 60c, long LED strip

DVD-ROM

I do think the GPU may be faulty so...

WHAT I TRIED:

Update bios

Reset bios (through bios or through cmos)

-Unnistall all old gpu drivers

- Googled the shit out of this issue (found many similiar people with the same problem solving it by bios update or waiting - neither helped me)

I can't tell you anything more than to check everything in BIOS, check if everything is plugged in correctly. Also try running the PC without GPU and then  try the new GPU. I hope I helped and that you solve this problem quickly.

Hi guyz i have a serious problem with my new GPU ( MSI GTX 750ti gaming)

Whenever i plug it in my PC freezes before the BIOS splash screen. And before i updated the BIOS it froze at the splash screen and i couldnt do anything.it was not repsonding.

But when i plug in my old gpu pc works just fine.Its a fairly new setup with the following specs. Any help will be appreciated.

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming    (BIOS VERSION 22.1) It has click BIOS 4

CPU:              AMD 8320E

RAM:             ADATA 8Gb 2133Mhz (2x4Gb)

HDD:             Western digital black 1Tb

PSU:              600W (85 plus) 

- 2x Noctua NF-12 premium fans ( brown poop ones :D )

- Corsair h80i AIO cooling kit (includes 2x fans,pump and a radiator)

- 1x RED 60c, long LED strip

DVD-ROM

I do think the GPU may be faulty so...

WHAT I TRIED:

Update bios

Reset bios (through bios or through cmos)

-Unnistall all old gpu drivers

- Googled the shit out of this issue (found many similiar people with the same problem solving it by bios update or waiting - neither helped me)

Try plugging your monitor into the motherboard while having your new GPU in and see if its being detected, then try downloading drivers.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I can't tell you anything more than to check everything in BIOS, check if everything is plugged in correctly. Also try running the PC without GPU and then  try the new GPU. I hope I helped and that you solve this problem quickly.

already did try this ... guess if it worked :D

Try plugging your monitor into the motherboard while having your new GPU in and see if its being detected, then try downloading drivers.

i listed my mobo but just so you know it doesnt have an onboard graphics card. Downloaded uinnistalled redownloaded all kinds of drivers did not work.

THX for the fast replies guyz.In any case if it wont work till tommorow ill just return the card, i just hope there is no problem on my side :D

AND also i am not a newbie when it comes to PCs , stuff like replugging anduniinstalling drivers etc i probably already done . also messed with hte bios and nothing worked so now everything is at default even my OCed ram and CPU ....

but just so you know it doesnt have an onboard graphics card.

Your CPU should have on-board graphics and there's plugs at the end of the mobo so...

Unless you have done it already, try to run the monitor from the mobo, with AND without the GPU.

Your CPU should have on-board graphics and there's plugs at the end of the mobo so...

Unless you have done it already, try to run the monitor from the mobo, with AND without the GPU.

FX CPUs do not have on board graphics. And the motherboard doesn't either.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If your motherboard doesn't POST with the new graphics card, then I reckon that's the issue. If you can, try it in another system.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

FX CPUs do not have on board graphics. And the motherboard doesn't either.

Crap, I forgot it's an FX CPU. LOL a newbie mistake.

Well then, I don't have much to say. @trojto you should talk to an expert.

If your motherboard doesn't POST with the new graphics card, then I reckon that's the issue. If you can, try it in another system.

And if it does work on another pc what does that mean ? because my old gpu works on this setup.

Crap, I forgot it's an FX CPU. LOL a newbie mistake.

Well then, I don't have much to say. @trojto you should talk to an expert.

You mean Linus ? :D

And if it does work on another pc what does that mean ? because my old gpu works on this setup.

well, it's more like if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, something is wrong with the card.

EDITED.

No. Just someone that has more experience. Linus does not have time for this :P

My neighbour runs a repair shop for electronic devices. He can basically fix anything.

No. Just someone that has more experience. Linus does not have time for this :P

My neighbour runs a repair shop for electronic devices. He can basically fix anything.

My quantum computer has been having issues. How can I contact him?

well, it's more like if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, something is wrong with the card.

I hope so and at the same time dont :D because returning it and getting a new one will take them almost a MONTH. So i hope i have something misconfigured on my pc ( wich is SUPER unlikely :D).

If ill have to return it ill just ask for my money back and wait for an 960 ...

My quantum computer has been having issues. How can I contact him?

If you are serious, you could email him. There is all tho no chance of meeting him outside of the web, if you don't live in my country. I would have to ask him before I give you his email. He is very busy.

If you are serious, you could email him. There is all tho no chance of meeting him outside of the web, if you don't live in my country. I would have to ask him before I give you his email. He is very busy.

Quantum computers don't exist outside of labs. It was a joke. :P

Quantum computers don't exist outside of labs. It was a joke. :P

Like I didn't know that...

But I thought you had other problems with your real PC...

Like I didn't know that...

But I thought you had other problems with your real PC...

Nope. No issues.

So ... today i tried the 750ti on a different pc and it worked , so what do you guyz suggest ...shouldi try a different gpu on my PC.

So ... today i tried the 750ti on a different pc and it worked , so what do you guyz suggest ...shouldi try a different gpu on my PC.

I don't think that's necessary since your old card works just fine.

I am so pissed .... was really looking forward to play some new games ... btw i returned the card and got my money back. Wont by buying anything new for a few months ... gonna save some more money and get a better card .... :) 

Thanks for the replies ...