760K to 8320.

Should i upgrade to an 8320 from an Athlon 760K?

I do want to livestream when i get to work less. (Damn amazon working me 12 hours a day 6 days a week cuz "peak season") or should i just save until i can get an I7 5820K, and mobo, and memory.

The pros to getting an 8320 is i have a Gigabyte 990FX UD3 laying around and some DDR3. The cons are it's not extreme overkill and will probably bottleneck newer high end gpus.

The pros to getting the 5820K is it's a damn nice cpu and will handle any thing thrown at it for years to come. The cons are i will probably have to sell my liver to buy it and a mobo, and memory.

What do you guys think should i save or get the 8320 and bank on low level API's to make cpus no longer matter for gaming?

If you have stuff laying around sure the FX8320 is a nice upgrade from athlon, you can always sell it back, if its worth something by the time you upgrade again.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If you have stuff laying around sure the FX8320 is a nice upgrade from athlon, you can always sell it back, if its worth something by the time you upgrade again.

would probably give the 760K to my brother as a little upgrade from the 740 he has.

would probably give the 760K to my brother as a little upgrade from the 740 he has.

And when you upgrade again give him the fx.   B)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You can grab a FX-8320 sometimes for like $99. I would go that route until you can easily afford a 2011-v3 enthusiast system.

You can grab a FX-8320 sometimes for like $99. I would go that route until you can easily afford a 2011-v3 enthusiast system.

if you can find me an 8320 for $99 i would personally come to your house and leave a nice note on your door.

if you can find me an 8320 for $99 i would personally come to your house and leave a nice note on your door.

$119.99 at MicroCenter currently. During the recent holiday season they were just about $99 everywhere. :P

Go big or go home.

Lol why. 4790k is really good.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

$119.99 at MicroCenter currently. During the recent holiday season they were just about $99 everywhere. :P

Nearest microcenter is in Georgia, not driving that far lol.

Considering the fact that you already own a 990FX board, I would go 8320, just because it would be a lot cheaper. The 5820K will cost a considerably higher amount of money and while totally worth it for your purposes, I guess you will have to do quite a bit of saving until you can afford that. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

The FX isn't really an upgrade from your current processor. Go for an i5 or 4790k.