Building my pc today, first time

Biology

So I'm about to get on it and try and put my system together.

I7 4790k

H105

G1 gtx 970

Corsair vengeance 16 gb

Asus vii hero

Evga g2 750

760t corsair

Sp and af fans

Is there anything I need or need to do?

I got a clean table to work with (my computer table )

Do I need anti static gloves? Coz of the cpu scare haha..

I got my tools, screw drivers and different sizes.

What else do I need to do? What other preparation?

In what order should I build it ? What should I do first ?

Watch a guide on youtube and do the cable management correctly the first time.

Be careful and have fun

System: Thinkpad T460

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

These should help: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I STRONGLY suggest working in an ESD (electrostatic discharge) free area. Especially since it's winter now. I work at a re-manufacturing plant for Dish and I've a few people mess up some expensive hardware because they weren't properly grounded. You don't NEED ESD straps, mats, and gloves, but they are highly recommended. For my first build, the carpeted floor of my bedroom was not the ideal environment. I removed any extra clothing (including my socks), touched a door knob before I picked up any new part, and pre-assembled the hardware outside of the case ON TOP OF THE ANTI-STATIC BAG on top of the mobo box. Remove the bag before you do your boot test. Just be cautious because you don't wanna screw up that lovely graphics card. But go for it and post back to tell us how it went.

Good luck! Have a nice day!

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

I STRONGLY suggest working in an ESD (electrostatic discharge) free area. Especially since it's winter now. I work at a re-manufacturing plant for Dish and I've a few people mess up some expensive hardware because they weren't properly grounded. You don't NEED ESD straps, mats, and gloves, but they are highly recommended. For my first build, the carpeted floor of my bedroom was not the ideal environment. I removed any extra clothing (including my socks), touched a door knob before I picked up any new part, and pre-assembled the hardware outside of the case ON TOP OF THE ANTI-STATIC BAG on top of the mobo box. Remove the bag before you do your boot test. Just be cautious because you don't wanna screw up that lovely graphics card. But go for it and post back to tell us how it went.

Good luck! Have a nice day!

My room is carpeted... :/ so I have to get everything out of the plastic before putting it in? And what do you mean with the graphics card?

I have been wanting to build a pc for quite a while. And alway wondered because english is not my first language(as you can problably see) what this anti static is really prevwnting from happening. I know allot of people who did not use anything like that and their pc works really fine.

I have been wanting to build a pc for quite a while. And alway wondered because english is not my first language(as you can problably see) what this anti static is really prevwnting from happening. I know allot of people who did not use anything like that and their pc works really fine.

My room is carpeted... :/ so I have to get everything out of the plastic before putting it in? And what do you mean with the graphics card?

I am just advising you to take your time and be sure you are properly grounded (touching a door knob before you pick up each piece of hardware, wearing minimal clothing, etc) because you may not be able to tell that you have zapped the board and when you go to start your system it won't boot or the graphics card is shot. Like I said, my first build was in a less than ideal environment and everything went well, but I took every precaution I had easily available to me. 

Electrostatic discharge is what happens when you rub your socks on the carpet and then touch something metal. Or when you get something fresh out of the dryer and you get a little shock. This happens because our bodies, being made up of about 60% water, are natural conductors. So our bodies will store this energy and then transfer it to the path of least resistance (usually something metal, but could be another person too). Anti static gloves, mats, and straps will absorb the energy that is charged within your body and send it to the ground safely removing any threat to your PC. 

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

A further message to the OP:

If there is any foam packaging remove it from the boxes and get it out of the area in which you plan to build your PC. That stuff is an electro static magnet! 

I am just advising you to take your time and be sure you are properly grounded (touching a door knob before you pick up each piece of hardware, wearing minimal clothing, etc) because you may not be able to tell that you have zapped the board and when you go to start your system it won't boot or the graphics card is shot. Like I said, my first build was in a less than ideal environment and everything went well, but I took every precaution I had easily available to me.

Electrostatic discharge is what happens when you rub your socks on the carpet and then touch something metal. Or when you get something fresh out of the dryer and you get a little shock. This happens because our bodies, being made up of about 60% water, are natural conductors. So our bodies will store this energy and then transfer it to the path of least resistance (usually something metal, but could be another person too). Anti static gloves, mats, and straps will absorb the energy that is charged within your body and send it to the ground safely removing any threat to your PC.

That really helped but if the floor is not carpet is it neccasery to be worried about this ?

Don't stress.

Jaytwocents (please tell me i mentioned his name right) had his 5 year old daughter build one with him watching. You will be fine. Once you build your first one then you will want to build your next one etca.

Have fun!

Edit: i Usually work on my desk with no socks on and regularly touching metal.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Jay's guide has definitely helped me the most when I was building my machine @JayzTwoCents ily bby<3

Everything is easy. I was scared too. I just went with it. Only hard thing was cable management and wiring because of the stiff cables and poorly built case (HCG-620M and 300R). Looking at your list, you got some pretty high end stuff making it easier to build.

I built mine on my wood floor lol. Motherboard was on top of the mobo box. And whenever I was handling with precious things (gpu, cpu) I just touched the housing of my case

That really helped but if the floor is not carpet is it neccasery to be worried about this ?

Yes, because your clothes can create this static energy as well. Which is why I recommend wearing as little clothing as possible. You don't have to strip down to your underwear. When I built my first PC I had on only a shirt and jeans. It's not much of a concern in most regions, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Especially, if being sorry could lead to a $300 loss. Don't let me scare you away from building a PC though, as evinta said earlier, it's so simple a 5 year old can do it. And it's a lot of fun!

Happy building!

Do I need thermal paste? I feel like the cpu installation is he hardest part and the rest is easy?

Do I need thermal paste? I feel like the cpu installation is he hardest part and the rest is easy?

OMG yes!!! Do not build your PC without thermal paste on the CPU. You will fry your CPU in no time. Watch this video to learn how to apply and what to use.

If your using the stock cooler that came with your i7 it has it already. If your using a aftermarket cooler then yes. Please don't POST without it!

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

If your using the stock cooler that came with your i7 it has it already. If your using a aftermarket cooler then yes. Please don't POST without it!

I have h105... Does it come with thermal paste? Where do I buy it lol.. Do any of my parts has it haha

I have h105... Does it come with thermal paste? Where do I buy it lol.. Do any of my parts has it haha

A high end product like that will 99.9% come with thermal paste.

My tips for first time building, build it in room without carpet and touch UNPAINTED part of case everytime touching a new part.

Unpainted? What about metal part of it?

Also.. Is the bed okay in the room? Is it ok if I put parts on top of the bed but on top of the box?

Sorry, im still learning myself.

No it doesn't by the looks of it on the website. It comes in a small tube that you can buy from Computer stores/Websites

I don't know if that cooler comes with it, but if it does it will not be the best. It will be okay and get the job done, but you'll see better results with an aftermarket thermal paste like IC Diamond or Arctic MX-4.

Unpainted? What about metal part of it?

Also.. Is the bed okay in the room? Is it ok if I put parts on top of the bed but on top of the box?

You want to touch a unpainted metal surface.

I wouldn't recommend your bed. But you can build your motherboard on top of the motherboard box. Why not use your computer desk or a table?