Gaming PC for 850 dollars?

Hi all,

I want to build a gaming PC for a friend and he has 550 GBP (which is around 850 USD). He needs just the PC unit without keyboard/mouse/speakers/cam/monitor/etc. What would you build using them two links:

www.overclockers.co.uk

www.scan.co.uk

For UK I'm satisfied with the quality, price, delivery time and service for them two shops above. If you have time just fill the basket and take a snapshot.

Thanks a lot!

post-177416-0-83224400-1419804232.png

550gbp rig will be slower than 850 usd one so what do you really want.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

post-177416-0-18246100-1419805165.png

550gbp rig will be slower than 850 usd one so what do you really want.

Even though the G3258 is fun and all, games are not supporting the dual core only with  no HT so might wanna go for a I3-4100 serie if all possible. Rest looks good IMO.

For 850 dollar you can get a I5 with a good Z97 Mobo, 2 x 4 Gb RAM, GTX970 and a EVGA G2 750W PSU.

We probably have higher prices here. Just check overclockers.co.uk. What system can you build there for 550GBP? 

Even though the G3258 is fun and all, games are not supporting the dual core only with  no HT so might wanna go for a I3-4100 serie if all possible. Rest looks good IMO.

i3 is +40 GBP to total price. So the gpu has to be cheaper then. 

We probably have higher prices here. Just check overclockers.co.uk. What system can you build there for 550GBP? 

Yeah Europe gets shafted hard it is the same here in The Netherlands. Well your system looks good, but I would have gone for a I3-4100 serie so the 4130,4150,4160 so it has that Hyperthreading for the games.

Does he already have a mass storage drive? Otherwise leave the SSD out and maybe the liquid cooler too so he can get that better CPU and he can upgrade those parts later.

He will take the HDD out from the laptop. I believe it will be far too slow to run the OS from it. Regarding CPU cooling, do you think the stock one for i3 will be fine? 

He will take the HDD out from the laptop. I believe it will be far too slow to run the OS from it. Regarding CPU cooling, do you think the stock one for i3 will be fine? 

In general I just don't like stock coolers... never liked them.

And is there anyone who is good in AMDs? Will it be faster for the same price if go AMD/ATI?

And is there anyone who is good in AMDs? Will it be faster for the same price if go AMD/ATI?

More cores but games like stronger cores. Problem is that mostly the CPU is cheaper but the boards are more expensive. You can check if you can make an equal build with a FX-6300 Chip

The stock cooler is fine, just a bit noisy you can't OC the i3-4130, you could buy a 212 Evo as a replacement for the stock cooler to reduce sound.

Another option is to go with the build you initially posted and then know that he should swap out the CPU soon for a I5 Quad like the I5-4460.

Yeah Europe gets shafted hard it is the same here in The Netherlands.

No it doesn't, we just have taxes to pay. We have VAT and duties for electronic goods, while USA has like 5% sales tax.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Anymore combinations? Or does everyone think that my pick's the best? I would like to give my friend 5-6 choices to choose from...

lol you have uk.pcpartpicker.com

more than that, g3258 > i3 4160 

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty