First PC Build

marcus_galanti

Can someone advise me on possible changes I should make on my first PC build? It is going to me mainly gaming oriented and have a green/black colour scheme. my budget is £1000

Intel core i5-4670k
Gigabyte g1.sniper m5
8gb corsair vengeance LP green ram
EVGA GTX 970 SC
be quiet! dark rock 3
EVGA 750w semi-modular power supply 
2tb Seagate Barracuda
250gb Samsung 840 evo
Windows 8.1
All inside a NZXT H440 green/black

All tips are greatly appreciated and cheaper options are a plus!

Looks fine. The matx motherboard in a mid tower might look awkward though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Awesome, although I agree with @WoodenMarker

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Maybe go up to a 4690k ? with a z97 board?

The new z97 sniper board isn't green.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you have the extra cash later on ( or right now ), you should consider sleeving your cables. For your build I'd recommend something like dark grey and black cables with green highlights here and there. Also if you plan to add LED's to this build I'd recommend white over a green because it will make your green highlights pop and look more colourful. Hope this helps.