CPU Problems

Ferengi4

Hi, I have had a problem for a long time now. I would say maybe 6'ish months? The problem is when ever I watch something through websites like youtube, crunchyroll, twitch, etc my computer will sometimes freeze. It wont unfreeze and I have to end up force restarting every time. I have been told its different parts of my PC and always replacing parts and trying workarounds they never worked. 

So that left me with just my CPU, which currently I cant replace right away so if theirs a way to fix it without having to buy a new one that would be great. Also as a note when I disabled all ways of overclocking (BIOS had things on its own automatically overclocking) it fixed the problem but recently BIOS updated and turned everything on to max and actually made the issue worse because now even with the overclocking off it freezes still.. (Hope this post isn't too long :P )

Specs/Info:

OS version: 6.3, build 9600

BIOS: 04.06.05

CPU: AMD 8120FX 3.1GHZ

CPU heatsink/fan: thermaltake CLP0554

Memory: Corsair XMS 16gb 2x8

Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 ti 2gb

Card Driver: 9.18.13.4709

DirectX version: 11

PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Plat 80+

Have you got the latest drivers? Try updating all your drivers. A good application for this is Driver Booster.

http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

GPU drivers?

Its the the one under "Card:" says "Card drivers" Probably should have said GPU Driver :P

Have you got the latest drivers? Try updating all your drivers. A good application for this is Driver Booster.

http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php

I tend to keep up to date on drivers, I downloaded Driver Booster and only says my java and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller are outdated (Java is outdated on purpose and updating Realtek now) 

I tend to keep up to date on drivers, I downloaded Driver Booster and only says my java and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller are outdated (Java is outdated on purpose and updating Realtek now) 

Tell me when you have finished.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Tell me when you have finished.

Okay updated, and restarted my computer. 

Okay updated, and restarted my computer. 

Any Difference?

Any Difference?

It been roughly two hours and I have watched videos on several websites with no freezing (Yet) I don't know if its just my computer being nice right now or the problem magically fixed it self over a internet driver... None the less I'll post back if the problem reoccurs.. hope it doesn't. Thanks.

Edit: Froze again.. Any ideas on what to try next?

did you update flash player?

Already using the latest version.

So if I have this straight, you've replaced EVERYTHING except the CPU, including the motherboard and RAM?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

run several different malware scans and an on line anti virus scan different than what you are using. what browser are you using?

So if I have this straight, you've replaced EVERYTHING except the CPU, including the motherboard and RAM?

Yes, this is pretty much a new PC thats using a CPU from a previous computer I had. 

Yes, this is pretty much a new PC thats using a CPU from a previous computer I had. 

I wonder if you got a malfunctioning part back. Take out your RAM and try each DIMM individually.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

run several different malware scans and an on line anti virus scan different than what you are using. what browser are you using?

Run them all the time, and never came up with anything. I have also done clean installs of OS several times with this issue still coming up. I am using the latest version of Google Chrome

also, what motherboard do you have?

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

I wonder if you got a malfunctioning part back. Take out your RAM and try each DIMM individually.

Have tested RAM with Memtest/other programs, and posting/testing each ram individually with no problems coming up when I have. 

Have tested RAM with Memtest/other programs, and posting/testing each ram individually with no problems coming up when I have. 

Which slot did you use to test your memory?

Which slot did you use to test your memory?

I tried each stick in all four slots

1. CHROME BLOWS. shut it down/uninstall. try another when running same apps.

the BIOS you have...........2103 supports newer processors........ if you have one newer than that it doesn't mean you have the firmware in that one.

1. CHROME BLOWS. shut it down/uninstall. try another when running same apps.

the BIOS you have...........2103 supports newer processors........ if you have one newer than that it doesn't mean you have the firmware in that one.

If the BIOS doesn't support the CPU, the system won't work out right.

gotta add......... OP - did you try shutting down everything that auto updates?