HP Laptop battery problem

xWiiLLz

Hi guys! I've been having issues with my hp laptop (pavilion g7) since quite a while but I didn't find the answer to my problem anywhere else, so I thought I'd give it a try here, since I've been following linus and the forums for some time!

So here's the issue: Each time I plug the power adapter in my laptop, it says "plugged in, not charging". If I want it to charge, I need to remove and reinsert the battery while it's plugged in. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank's in advance,

Wasn't sure in which category to put this..

Sounds like your battery has started to fail. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Hi guys! I've been having issues with my hp laptop (pavilion g7) since quite a while but I didn't find the answer to my problem anywhere else, so I thought I'd give it a try here, since I've been following linus and the forums for some time!

So here's the issue: Each time I plug the power adapter in my laptop, it says "plugged in, not charging". If I want it to charge, I need to remove and reinsert the battery while it's plugged in. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank's in advance,

Wasn't sure in which category to put this..

Have you given it the old "have you tried turning it off and on again"? This happened on my laptop once and this is how I solved it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Try to borrow a battery of same from your friend or someone else and check it!

Else the borrow the charger and do check it.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I did try to turn it on/off and it didn't fix the issue. Anyways, the battery, when charging, is charging well and has a great runtime, so I don't think it's dead yet ..