Power Supply

Corsair CX500W

Extras

Samsung 3GB/s Optical Drive

TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless Adapter

Zalman ZM-K350M Keyboard

Home-Made AntiStatic Wristband

Some Information

The entire build has cost me £439 roughly (I didn't order the parts so couldn't check the confirmation in emails), this includes delivery. I ordered these parts from separate websites however I ordered the majority of it from CCL Computers as they had one delivery price for the entire basket (I paid £3.95 or something for 2-3 day courier), then the rest I ordered from either Amazon, Novatech, eBuyer or Dabs.

If you are wondering why I have a Home-Made antistatic wristband then that is because I forgot to order it and it would've more than likely arrived later than all of the parts so I wanted to dig straight in when I got all of my parts.

AntiStatic Wristband

If you are curious about it I followed an online guide where I wrapped some tin foil around a rubber band and then used some crocodile clips and some cable to make it. I tested it with a small battery pack, some more wires and a voltmeter and it can complete a circuit.

So that is my build list. Everything is ordered and it should all hopefully be here by Saturday 3rd January but as far as luck is concerned I'm sure they won't be. I'll be posting updates below as well as pictures if anything comes up :)

-Hawk

That's a pretty good start for a first build. Post screenshots when you have finished it!

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Looks great. Needs an SSD but that's my opinion. 

I would buy an SSD but being as I am a student, I don't have a job, long story short, I owe my parents £124 anyway so I can't really afford an SSD xD

Update 1

The Power Supply arrived today. The Corsair CX500M 500W Power Supply came quite fast considering I ordered it on Saturday and that I chose the 4-5 day delivery option. Would recommend Novatech and Parcelforce as they didn't even scratch the box one bit.

KsbWotw.jpg

The R7 260X arrived today, also got an email from Dabs confirming the dispatch of the motherboard and also the rest of the parts (except the motherboard) will be arriving tomorrow! :)

Looks like a good setup, I just recently did my first build, its a very rewarding experience. Hope it goes well man :)

UPDATE: Changed the processor as CCL Computers said that the supplier mixed up the names and the AMD Athlon X4 760K was out of stock but CCL were ready to compensate and have swapped it for the newer AMD A8-5600K 3.6Ghz Quad Core processor.

UPDATE: Changed the processor as CCL Computers said that the supplier mixed up the names and the AMD Athlon X4 760K was out of stock but CCL were ready to compensate and have swapped it for the newer AMD A8-5600K 3.6Ghz Quad Core processor.

Pretty Decent :P

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

So then, who likes my computer at the moment?

knmRadM.jpgDPD got the case package and the other parts separated so I made an external build with everything but the case. I'm going to collect the case tomorrow anyway so yeah :)

That's some nice looking cable management you've got going on there.

I'm sure your first build was absolutely spotless. Give the guy a break.

Looks good, I can remember my first build :). If you have some spare time I would try and clean up your cables a bit more, less cable clutter is better airflow. And I was wondering if you placed an exhaust fan in the top, if not turning the CPU cooler 90 degrees or adding an exhaust fan might decrease your temps a little if you ever plan on OCing. Anyway have fun with your own build PC!

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

It would be better but unfortunately there is not much space for cables around the back and Zalman has lots of cables coming in from the front headers and upper fans and they're not long enough to go round the back so I have to make do with HDD bays etc.

Looks good, I can remember my first build :). If you have some spare time I would try and clean up your cables a bit more, less cable clutter is better airflow. And I was wondering if you placed an exhaust fan in the top, if not turning the CPU cooler 90 degrees or adding an exhaust fan might decrease your temps a little if you ever plan on OCing. Anyway have fun with your own build PC!

I don't plan on it yet and I need to get more powerful upper fans as the stock ones from Zalman aren't that powerful as I barely feel any airflow :/

I remember my first build... I did NO cable management at all :P