My First Build. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

I have wanted to build a system for a long time now and I have have found some good deals, so I think it is time! I've watched a lot of Linus's videos and I think I've chosen fairly good components for the money, but I wanted some expert advice.  :)

These are the components I've chosen:

Processor -  Intel i5 4690k $213.00

NCIXUS

Motherboard -  Asus Z97-A $140.00

NCIXUS

Graphics Card -  Asus GTX 970 Strix $349.00

NCIXUS

Case -  Razer designed H440 $150.00

Newegg

Power Supply -  Corsair RM750 750 Watt $100.00

Newegg

RAM -  Corsair Dominator 2133 C9 $130.00

Newegg

CPU Cooler -  NZXT Kraken X61 $140.00

Newegg

Storage -  Samsung 850 Evo 250GB $140.00

Newegg

OS -  Windows 8.1 $105.00

NCIXUS

Monitor -  LG 25UM55-P 25" 2560x1080 $190.00

NCIXUS

Total:  $1657.00

Budget and Location

About $1700. I'm in the US

Aim

Web browsing, schoolwork, gaming (KSP, Skyrim, Insurgency, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, and a little Minecraft), and occasional Photoshop and FL Studio

Monitors

Originally I wanted an Asus PB278Q, but it's too expensive and wouldn't fit on my desk very well, so now I want an LG 25" Ultrawide. It would be difficult to add any monitors to this setup, but if I did it would just be a small cheap monitor above this one.

Peripherals

I have my peripherals (CM Storm Trigger Z with brown switches and white backlight and Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse). I will need a Windows licence, so I included it above.

Why?

I currently have a Lenovo Z585 (A10 Version) laptop and I can play games at very low settings, but I want to completely ascend to the PC Master Race and get a capable desktop system that looks good.

Please Note

I know I can get a cheaper equivalent case, CPU cooler, and RAM, but the aesthetic of the finished rig is too important to me to do that even though it shouldn't be.

If I want to have more graphics power in the future, I will add another 970.

I think that the 250GB SSD will be enough for a while, but I plan to get another one in the future and put it in RAID 0.

You pretty much explain yourself very well and I really have nothing to advise you other than good build man... :D Then again 150$ for the case is it really worth it?