Building PC Vs Buying PC

MrGannyK

So I've been thinking about buying a PC for a while and I settled on buying this PC - http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/shared/80be98ca-731c-41cc-8bce-514294204943

But when I've talked about the PC with people on the forums it's been suggested that I should build it rather than buying it.

If I was building it then I wouldn't overclock the PC because I don't know how to do it and don't have the time to learn how to do it and apply it plus I wouldn't water cool the CPU it would just be Air Cooled.

Do you think I should buy the PC custom built watercooled and overclocked or build it myself without it being watercooled and overclocked plus it would be my first ever build so something is bound to go wrong :)

You're probably better off building your own system so that you can choose parts that are best suited to your usage.

What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You're probably better off building your own system so that you can choose parts that are best suited to your usage.

Cannot agree more. Building a PC is about as difficult as an advanced lego set (old school lego, not those crappy new ones that have specialized pieces that replace most of the blocks in a kit).

Give the forums a price and a purpose, and yee shall receive a build.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have chosen the parts for the PC linked above

It's being used for livestreaming  and pc gaming :)

/

Overclocking a pc is incredibly easy as long as you have a decent cooler, and by building it yourself you-ll spare a lot of money and get exactly the parts you want.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

build

Why?

Cannot agree more. Building a PC is about as difficult as an advanced lego set (old school lego, not those crappy new ones that have specialized pieces that replace most of the blocks in a kit).

Give the forums a price and a purpose, and yee shall receive a build.

Haha well I want to spend around £1200 and below. It's going to be used for livestreaming and I won't be overclocking it or water cooling it

Overclocking a pc is incredibly easy as long as you have a decent cooler, and by building it yourself you-ll spare a lot of money and get exactly the parts you want.

I just don't have the time or patience with trying to overclock it :/

Why?

Haha well I want to spend around £1200 and below. It's going to be used for livestreaming and I won't be overclocking it or water cooling it

I'd make a new thread (or have this one moved) to the build planning section.

Should still water cool it for silence if you are live streaming. Some people find the sound of fans to be worse than nails on a chalk board, or so it seems.

I'd make a new thread (or have this one moved) to the build planning section.

Should still water cool it for silence if you are live streaming. Some people find the sound of fans to be worse than nails on a chalk board, or so it seems.

I know I should put I don't have patience and time to do it

Putting on an AIO water cooler takes almost the exact same amount of time as putting on a giant air cooler heatsink. If you aren't oc'ing a single 140mm radiator AIO cooler will get the job done just fine. At least I think it would.

I don't blame you, I haven't OC'ed my 4690k and I have a corsair H110 cooling it.

Open the bios, change one number. It's that easy. Unless you want to go extreme with it, but you said you don't. Some motherboard (asus for example) manufacturers even provide free utilities (which only work on their motherboards of course) that will overclock the cpu for you, all you need to do is press the "go" button.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why?

Just for livestreaming?

Are you limited to Scan or are you open to other UK shops?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

to be honest I hate when people who want to be PC gamers say this it's rather easy.......matter of fact it's not that hard what so ever.... here is a great guide

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

to be honest I hate when people who want to be PC gamers say this it's rather easy.......matter of fact it's not that hard what so ever.... here is a great guide

The OP is not too lazy to build the system but is too lazy to oc.