Building a new PC meant for casual usage and gaming, need help with CPU

absolute

Gonna build a new PC meant for casual usage and gaming, nothing demanding since i only play CS:GO and TF2. Will an i3 4160 be enough?

tbh you should get a Pentium anniversary, in the future you can overclock it and make it last longer

But if you don't want to OC, the i3 should suffice

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

tbh you should get a Pentium anniversary, in the future you can overclock it and make it last longer

But if you don't want to OC, the i3 should suffice

Dont really plan on overclocking so yep. Thanks 

Dont really plan on overclocking so yep. Thanks 

No problem! Good luck with the build :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Gonna build a new PC meant for casual usage and gaming, nothing demanding since i only play CS:GO and TF2. Will an i3 4160 be enough?

Hi, I have a g3258, even at stock clock, it can run cs:go at 1080p maxed setting with 750ti.

So I recommend a g3258 instead of i3 since its cheaper, and maybe you want to spend some money to upgrade directly into i5 in the future.

and Welcome to LTT, don't forget to follow your own topic so you don;t need to constantly check your topic :)

I would recommed the i3 over the pentium simply because support for the pentium in future games is dodgy.

Devs are locking out that cpu . The i3 is the safer bet if you are interested in taking a look at future games( i know you said you mainly play tf2 but you never know).