BF4 Cpu and Gpu usage

So I'm playing Bf4 and feel like I should be getting more frames. I have a 8350 at 4.6ghz and GTX 970 at about 1489mhz.

While playing I see that the Gpu usage had not gone above 82% and my cpu not above 74% and I'm getting dips as low as 33 I saw on Sunken Dragon. WTF

I'm playing at 1080p with textures and filters on ultra, no AA (Win 7)

Is my 8350 really this bad? I'd think It'd be completely capable at at least 4.6

Inb4 get Intel i5,

I know I want to go 1150...

Go into nvidia control panel and under 3d settings, under the global tab look for power saving and select prefer maximum performance under the drop down.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

The max CPU usage for 8350's in BF4 is around 72-73% and the fact that you're hitting it and having low GPU usages means your CPU is bottlenecking

Your CPU is bottlenecking!

How many of these have we had in the past few days?

The FX processors are mid-range, they are not meant to be paired with high end GPUs.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Hey c'mon!! I have an 8350 using an R9 280X and My frames never dip below 50. You can't blame bottlenecking right away if you don't know all the parameters or variables. I know Intel is faster clock for clock, but an AMD FX 8350 is nothing to sneeze at.

Your issue could lie in several factors. It could even be your hard drive, or PSU.

Hey c'mon!! I have an 8350 using an R9 280X and My frames never dip below 50. You can't blame bottlenecking right away if you don't know all the parameters or variables. I know Intel is faster clock for clock, but an AMD FX 8350 is nothing to sneeze at.

Your issue could lie in several factors. It could even be your hard drive, or PSU.

Its your CPU.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Dont say this, its forbidden to say these kind of things on this Communnity.

Now you fire´d up the intel fanboy cannons again lol.

They are going to dig cherry picked benchmarks again right now.

I just see it happening allready, without it even been happened lol.

BF4 runs totaly fine on my FX8350. but hey dont tell anyone. :D

BF4 scales totaly fine over all threads, But i do know for a fact that there are some issues with the game it self.

That BF4 multiplayer will run slightly better on the minimums with an i5 sure.

But dont expect skyrocking better numbers.

try with windows 8.1, BF4 works better on w8 than win7, I checked that myself.

yeah or maybe unpark the cores in windows 7 lol.

Go into nvidia control panel and under 3d settings, under the global tab look for power saving and select prefer maximum performance under the drop down.

That helped. Not sure why, but hooray

I know it performs better on 8.1 but I do not have that...

O look a another guy with a bottle-necking FXchip

ever wonder why AMD Needed to make mantle work .. because there cpus are slow ... 

dont listen to these amd haters, i have the 8350 and a 280x and all ultra settings with hbao and 4xmsaa i get 80-120 fps on 64 player maps.

i use MANTLE...if you are not i suggest you do the same.

when using mantle my cpu usage is no more than 60% and avg around 40-50. while my gpu will be 95-100

********EDIT********

actually im a retard, you cant use mantle because you dont have an amd card, and dx11 doesnt get as good performance in bf4 as dx11.2 does...

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

if you're cpu isnt at 100% then its not bottlenecking. period.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

The max CPU usage for 8350's in BF4 is around 72-73% and the fact that you're hitting it and having low GPU usages means your CPU is bottlenecking

Your CPU is bottlenecking!

How many of these have we had in the past few days?

The FX processors are mid-range, they are not meant to be paired with high end GPUs.

O look a another guy with a bottle-necking FXchip

ever wonder why AMD Needed to make mantle work .. because there cpus are slow ... 

"Posted Today, 02:25 PM

Vendetta, on 25 Dec 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:snapback.png

That helped. Not sure why, but hooray"

^Direct quote of OP quoting me. So on a scale of 1 - shitty thermal paste between silicon an IHS, how salty are you? And my system is clearly Intel and Nvidia. I wouldn't trade my i5 for a 8350 even if you paid me to do it but the 8350 is a badass cpu. Problem here isn't with the cpu, it is with Nvidia having the most stupid fucking drivers on the planet and locking their damn cards down.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

They are going to dig cherry picked benchmarks again right now.

But OP is reporting a CPU bottleneck, no need to cherrypick benchmarks and you don't need to dig at all because they all show Intel doing better. BF4 doesn't take advantage of 8 cores at all and wait;

y95KWeV.jpg

Seeing 6 threads inside BF4 process meaning it can't take advantage of 8 cores. So lets do the maths; 100/8 = 12.5 * 6 = 75% and he's hitting it while having low GPU usages -> CPU bottleneck. 

this is on 8350 280x ultra everything 64 player conquest while i surf the web and play youtube videos at the same time. so for all the amd haters....shut up. and while all this i still wasnt over 65% cpu usage

jphgg6.jpg