Nvidia shield or tegra 7?

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

ok,but what if Im planning on getting a nvidia gpu later on.... But time unknown...? Is the 100 difference worth it? Or should I get the 7?

Much Oblidged.

Depends on what this "later on" is. If it's within half the time you'll own the tablet then yes worth it to get the Shield Tablet but if any longer then ~1.5 years then no.

Should I get the nvidia shield or the tegra 7? The shield can play pc games if I'm not mistaken, and can do what the tegra 7 can do, but the tegra can not stream or play pc games right? If playinging pc games on the tablet is just a plus,which is more worth it? The tegra 7 or the shield + controller?

Thanks guys,

Bajantechnician

Oh yeah, they are both the 32 gb and wifi version

Thanks. :)

so.... Tablet better? Even if it's $100 more?

$100 more for the tablet but if you want to make use of the Gamestream you will need an Nvidia graphics card as well as pay more money for the SHIELD controller.

u selling a Verizon smartphone from ur collection?

No I'm in Canada so I don't have any Verizon compatible smartphones.

"Rawr XD"

$100 more for the tablet but if you want to make use of the Gamestream you will need an Nvidia graphics card as well as pay more money for the SHIELD controller.

No I'm in Canada so I don't have any Verizon compatible smartphones.

Don't have a nvidia gpu, I'm willing to shell out an extra $70-$80 for the controller, but can I play PC games without game stream?

And thanks for the smartfone dingy.

Don't have a nvidia gpu, I'm willing to shell out an extra $70-$80 for the controller, but can I play PC games without game stream?

And thanks for the smartfone dingy.

No, you can only play games on the tablet itself (Android games) if you don't have an Nvidia graphics card. If you're not planning to get an Nvidia GPU then just get the Tegra Note 7.

"Rawr XD"

No, you can only play games on the tablet itself (Android games) if you don't have an Nvidia graphics card. If you're not planning to get an Nvidia GPU then just get the Tegra Note 7.

ok,but what if Im planning on getting a nvidia gpu later on.... But time unknown...? Is the 100 difference worth it? Or should I get the 7?

Much Oblidged.

By the ways.... Do ya got any unlocked phones......

Much Oblidged.

Depends on what this "later on" is. If it's within half the time you'll own the tablet then yes worth it to get the Shield Tablet but if any longer then ~1.5 years then no.

"Rawr XD"

alright, thanks man :)