Nvidia Fullscreen Not Working Properly. Help?

TheFalseHuman
Go to solution Solved by vlkn´,

My monitors are already set to extended mode.

what is this overscan function?

idk some function integrated in the monitor software.

Just disable it, if it is aviable. (not all monitors got this function)

So I have two 2560x1440p monitors, just started setting them up today

I successfully made one of the fullscreen through Nvidia Control Panel, but it doesn't seem to work for the other one. There are black columns flanking the side of it, even though the resolution is set to 1440p.

I also tried resizing within the control panel, but it doesn't work.

The monitor having the issue is the left one in the photo.

Thanks

post-140523-0-60017500-1419473041_thumb.

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

Bump?

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

windows key+ p= extended or try some different setting.

Disable also the overscan function in your monitor.

windows key+ p= extended or try some different setting.

Disable also the overscan function in your monitor.

lol Korean monitors ftw :P 

can't read lol

^ yup, there was an aspect ratio setting in the monitor's settings. It was in 4:3 and then I changed it. Good thing they didn't use Korean characters for the numbers, so I could read :P

I have a question though. Nvidia control panel and Windows says the monitor is in 2560x1440p, but how could that be if the aspect ratio is wrong? Or is it doing some sort of virtual "2560x1440p", which is in 16:9 aspect ration, in a 4:3 aspect ratio?!

^ yup, there was an aspect ratio setting in the monitor's settings. It was in 4:3 and then I changed it. Good thing they didn't use Korean characters for the numbers, so I could read :P

I have a question though. Nvidia control panel and Windows says the monitor is in 2560x1440p, but how could that be if the aspect ratio is wrong? Or is it doing some sort of virtual "2560x1440p", which is in 16:9 aspect ration, in a 4:3 aspect ratio?!

The monitor has also an processor that decides where the pixels "land"/where they should be.

The monitor has also an processor that decides where the pixels "land"/where they should be.

So...? I still don't quite get how that would lead to Nvidia and Windows to have a false reading >.<

So...? I still don't quite get how that would lead to Nvidia and Windows to have a false reading >.<

The picture 2560x1440p was displayed in a 4:3 format, I don´t know why your monitor would allow something like this.

But windows/Nvidia control panel can´t do anything about it if you changed the setting in your monitor, the monitor is the final step to display the picture and if the final step decides to display in 4:3 you can´t do anything about it in windows.

Windows can´t acces your monitors software and customize the settings you made in the software of the monitor.

That´s more confusing than before, hahaha.

The picture 2560x1440p was displayed in a 4:3 format, I don´t know why your monitor would allow something like this.

But windows/Nvidia control panel can´t do anything about it if you changed the setting in your monitor, the monitor is the final step to display the picture and if the final step decides to display in 4:3 you can´t do anything about it in windows.

Windows can´t acces your monitors software and customize the settings you made in the software of the monitor.

That´s more confusing than before, hahaha.

No, it made sense. Thanks

The thing is that the affected monitor came in a 4:3 aspect ratio by default, while the other one was fine in 16:9 aspect ratio lol