Need MB for i5-4460 and gtx 970

Hansell
Go to solution Solved by kameshss,

too bad :( , I'm gonna take the H97 one since its price is under $80, but we don't have that model here

there's only Asrock Fatal1ty H97 PERFORMANCE yet it so pricey

MSI H97M-E35 is good.

Hello guys, I need a choice of MB for my friends build, he has no planning on OC, my first choice was MSI z97m-g43.Since it was newest chipset and have blue and black theme color. But that's not good enough right, so please share your thought, 

it has to be blue and black theme and as cheap as possible

much thanks

Michael H

If you don't need any special features, pretty much any h97/z97 board will do.

If you bump down to a non-refresh cpu, you can go with pretty much any appropriate 1150 board instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No OC and selecting a Z97?

ASRock H97M PRO4

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

If you bump down to a non-refresh cpu, you can go with pretty much any appropriate 1150 board instead.

I see, I always confused when it comes to choosing a chipset, but I will stick to refresh-haswell since that's was my friend request

Le' H97M Pro4

Or

Le' Z97M Pro4

No SLI support so be warned.

No OC and selecting a Z97?

ASRock H97M PRO4

too bad :( , I'm gonna take the H97 one since its price is under $80, but we don't have that model here

Try the MSI H97 Guard Pro 

can't find it here, is this okay MSI H97M-E35? cheapest h97 i can find

MSI H97M-E35 is good.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

can't find it here, is this okay MSI H97M-E35? cheapest h97 i can find

If there aren't any special features you need that are missing, sure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

MSI H97M-E35 is good.

If there aren't any special features you need that are missing, sure.

Okey dokey much thanks,

this bump down is pretty interesting tho, if I change to Intel Core i5-4440 3.1Ghz, I can pressed down the budget.

so this will be my backup plan, i5-4440 + MSI B85M-E45, pretty good? about USD$80 with nice black and blue color scheme

this bump down is pretty interesting tho, if I change to Intel Core i5-4440 3.1Ghz, I can pressed down the budget.

so this will be my backup plan, i5-4440 + MSI B85M-E45, pretty good? about USD$80 with nice black and blue color scheme

Definitely go with the 4440. The 100mhz difference is pretty much unnoticeable.

Whichever is cheaper. The performance difference wouldn't be noticeable except in benchmarks. Currently, the 4460 wins on both fronts. It is a bit cheaper and slightly faster.

Whichever is cheaper. The performance difference wouldn't be noticeable except in benchmarks. Currently, the 4460 wins on both fronts. It is a bit cheaper and slightly faster.

Thanks everyone , my problem is solved now :)  :)